Farmington Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Farmington, CT or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Farmington Law

Can police issue a drinking ticket after the fact, with only word of mouth evidence?
My friends and I were at a party a few days ago where we never were in direct contact with the police. However the party ended when a girl was brought to the hospital because of alcohol poisoning, which in turn led to somewhat of a police investigation. None of us were ever breathalyzed, and the only way the police would have known of our participation is through questioning other participants. Recently the police showed up at my friends front door and issued him a drinking citation. Apparently they intend to do the same to everyone else who attended. Can, and how are they able to do this?
Who long can they drag out a Dui charge.
I had a motorcycle in May 2016 on ct. Hurt myself only no property damage. I was over the limit I believe. But have not been charged yet. Policed called me in June looking for my ins info to wrap up the investigation. Can they charge me know. ?
Yes so long as they get an arrest warrant for you within one year , unless you have prior DUI convictions , they could...
I have a month left of probation and was wondering if I can donate money to get community service hours
I just got my license back and my probation ends in one month I currently work 70 plus hours a week
It is hard to provide an answer based upon your question. Assuming this is your first conviction, which is why you have...
May CT suspend my license in 2016 for a DUI arrest in 6-2014 that resulted in a "wet reckless" conviction in CA in 3-2015?
I was charged with DUI in CA in 2014, plead to wet reckless in 2015. As terms of my plea, I completed an alcohol education program, paid all fines and penalties in full and was sentenced to 2 years probation. I'm 48 years old. This is my only arrest and conviction. CA DMV suspended my driving privileges in August 2014 for 4 months. My license was not suspended as a result of the criminal plea, only through DMV based on my arrest and breath test. CA will only restore my driving privileges if I complete a 12-week in-state program. Since I live and work in CT, I cannot complete the CA program. My CT driver's license is set for renewal in Sept 2016. DMV informed me on my renewal form that I must appear at DMV, not AAA to renew my license. I am concerned that CT will suspend my privileges as a result of the CA DMV suspension from 2 years ago. May CT suspend my license at this point? What can I do to prevent the suspension?
Do you know the complexity of the query you pose? You are asking a question which requires research of multiple states...
Will a misdemeanor DUI from 3 years ago effect me getting a new job?
Hello, I work in IT and I have received an offer from another big company. I'm wondering if my misdemeanor DUI from 3 (06/21/2013) will affect me passing the background check? (plea 9/25/2013) I disclose in the following in the application "Have you had any motor vehicle violations for which you pled guilty or paid a fine within the past three years? Yes Please explain: Stopped on the way home upon lawyers recommendation entered guilty peel for pragmatic reasons" I told the HR person about this and she said they look for more criminal but I wanted a legal opinion. Thanks in advance.
Not unless it's a job that requires you driving for the employer
I was arrested in 2011 for a DUI and driving with a suspended license. How much will cost to get record expunged?
DUI expungement
Just arrested or were you convicted as well? Pricing really depends on the attorney. Where I am you can expect to pay...
Can I get my license in Vermont and not have to put the ignition interlock in my car?
My license was taken from me for medical reasons (medications) the day after a car accident that became a manslaughter with a mv dui. It was taken in 2010 I was then convicted in 2012. I received time and 1 year suspension. In order to get my license back CT statue says I must have an ignition interlock and show medical proof from dr.'s that I'm off meds and it's ok for me to drive.
If you are a CT licensee, then you will need to abide by their requirements before another state is going to issue you...