Ephrata Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Ephrata, WA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Ephrata Law

Got mip 10 months after arrested for DUI.
I was arrested for a DUI 10 months ago and just got an mip but I'm not on probation I'm just not supposed to get in trouble for two years until my next court date. When I got my mip I was with friends 21 and over I wasnt drinking but the officer assumed I had been. He did not breathalyze me or give me a sobriety test just wrote me the citation. Am I going to face any jail or can I fight this I've been doing fine and I had nothing to drink that day the cop just didn't like me for some reason.
Well, "the cop didn't like me" will definitely not be a valid excuse but you might be able to avoid substantial jail...
I dont know why i got a dwls 2nd degree when it's only my first time i got caught driving with out a license.
reason: driving while my vehicle's tab sticker was expired in CA a year ago. i got a ticket, but it was only a fixing ticket, there was no fine to be paid. i got my new tab but did not prove to the court i got it renew. i suddenly got a letter from a collection agency, saying i have to pay $768 and that my license will be suspended until i have that fine paid off. i was a student, i did not have such money to pay. when i finally have the money to pay, they've already sent my case to the state franchise tax board. i tried calling to pay, but it is impossible to reach them, they would just close me off the line. before i got the chance to pay it off, i was caught dwls in WA. and was charged with 2nd degree. i would think that it would be 3rd degree since it is my first time being caught?
The degree of your charge has nothing to do with prior offenses, but rather, with the nature of the suspension. A 2nd...
Can I get convicted twice for the same charge from 2 different countys?
I was pulled over in Moses lake WA and got a driving while license suspended well I was on probation in two different countys. Lincoln county and grant county. Lincoln county gave me seven days for it and grant county gave me ten day to do. Is that fair?
Fair? you can continually get arrested and or cited for violations of the law in different Counties and in fact the...
What are the possible charges(penalty) for a DUI in WA if I already had one in CA and my license was suspended for my DUI in CA
DUI in CA never taken care of suspended license, pulled over in WA charged DUI, missed court date due to financial problems getting back to Wa
You can find a grid of possible minimum sentence requirements at the Washington Courts website, here: https://www....
How can I get charges dismissed for something I didn't do, public defender is no help to me.
my girlfriend and I were out house shopping. On our journey we got a flat tire, put on the spare and went on our way. Well the spare went flat too. I called my dad for help he came out to us and took my girlfriend into town for a new tire and I stayed with the car cause my dad's truck only seats two. While they were gone, local police stopped at the car and started questioning me about the situation, Asked me for my ID and the vehicle information. I don't drive so don't have a licence. Then he proceeds to give me a field sobriety test to see if I was impaired.Asked me if I'd give a breathalyzer test and I refused, and was in fact not impaired in the slightest. In the end I got charged with dui and driving without a licence along with a scram and jail time. can police do this for no reason
The officer thought you were lying. Sitting in a car on the side of a road where you're not supposed to be parked at...
What does my son need to do to clear his record so he can get his drivers license?
He received a DUI in Washington State in 2005. He pleaded guilty in 2006 but left the state for work without completing his court mandated requirements other then his alcohol evaluation.
He probably has a warrant for his arrest, which is holding his license. Step one is to hire a lawyer and clear the...
I got my first DUI on the other side of my state and have no mode of transportation.
How can I deal with this? I was charged with A DUI hundreds of miles from my home and have no means of transportation to the courts. I want to plead guilty and get this over with so I can join the army. Any suggestions?
First, DO NOT plead guilty just to get it over with. These are dang serious and will have a long term impact on you....