Elk City Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Elk City, KS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Elk City Law

Staute of limitations for dui, in kansas
My husband got a dui, child endangerment, and a few other charges, all are misdemeanors, he went to court the judge dismisses all charges, but the state can still file charges. How long does prosecution have to file charges?
The general statute of limitations in Kansas is 5 years. Some circumstances can lengthen this period as well.
Got a dui in kansas license was restricted for two year i didnt get an interlock device i waited out the restriction period.
should i be able to get my license back
Yes, you could have gotten your license back two years ago. Call DMV and see what you need to do to reinstate.
I have to get a blow machine in my car for 4 years for having multiable dwi is there any way i can get this reduced.
The dwi are in kansas. I have not touched acholal in 5 or six years. So if there is a way to get the 4 years reduced or not even get it at all. I can talk to a judge if i have to.
I am not licensed in Kansas, but this sounds like a good question to ask an experienced DUI attorney in Kansas. In...
Was charged with duii in oregon then moved to kansas and now have a failure to appear. need to transfer case to kansas.
have extensie details both good and bad. before i left Oregon, the dmv did not suspend my license due to the arresting officer failing to enter date and time of arrest on ticket. Passed roadside sobriety test but was asked not to drive and was taken to a substation where they made me take a breathalizer. then 20 mins later another one. then ten minute later again another one...was realeased to my husband within an hour of my arrest. Where my husband and i then went and retrieved my motorcycle because and officer was waiting by my bike. we both got on the bike and left.
A crime must be prosecuted in the jurisdiction where it occurred. You cannot get it transferred to another state, but...
I just received a dui in independence, Kansas but wasnt read my rights when arrested.
I received a D.U.I and the arresting officer didn't read me my rights when i was put in handcuffs. I also did a field tests and a breathalyzer when i was in the station. Will this hold up in court? I also asked them at 4 separate times if i was under arrest to 3 different officers which all said yes each time. Any help is very appreciated.
You may well be able to suppress some or all of the statements you made. This does not mean the case will have to be...
How do I go about resolving this DUI.
Ticketed in 2009 for DUI in Kansas, I have not been to court for it. I live in North Carolina now. How can I resolve this?
You hire a criminal defense attorney (DUI defense attorney) who practices in the venue where you were ticketed.
Will the 2nd dui become a felony? Will the 2nd state charges affect the first state charges and probation if finalized?
My husband got stopped for dui in one state and 30 days later got stopped again in another state blowing double & 2 kids in car. The prosecutor is aware of the dui and choosing to just proceed with first dui charges to base probation and classes. Is it possible to carry out two different sentences for each state? Or should they be combined? Can a dui lawyer address the 2 charges for child endangerment?
Criminal charges have to be handled where they occurred, usually in the county of occurrence. Therefore, you cannot...