District Heights Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near District Heights, MD or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

District Heights Law

Can I fly throughout the USA with it still on my record?
There's absolutely no restriction on your right to freely move throughout the United States. Freedom of movement is...
I have a MD license and was charged in June with a DUI in Washington DC. I was 18 at the time. My driving record is completely clean without points or tickets. I plead guilty in January 2014 and was told that after a 6 month probation period the DUI would not appear on my record. Instead it would be "put off to the side" in case I commit another crime in which case the DUI would officially appear on my record. I have just obtained an unofficial copy of my drivers record and it says my license is valid. In addition, I do not need to renew my license until November 2015. My questions are: Will my MD license ever be suspended, if so for how long? If I am driving and get pulled over and the MVA has just suspended my license without my knowledge, will I be arrested/will my care be impounded?
Your question will be easier to answer if a lawyer read the relevant documentation in your D.C. Superior Court file. I...
I pay child support monthly for my child and I cannot see my child unless I get him and his little sister, which is unfair. I want to take her to court and establish visitation but I am afraid that I would be denied due to prior DUI's. I have attended AA meetings and completed the program and I am also in a year length program in which I am halfway done with this program. Should this hinder my case visitation case?
It is not likely that you would be denied custody due to prior DUI's. Even if you were denied primary or sole custody...
I was pulled over for a headlight, was sober but cops smelled marijuana on just my jacket. searched car, didn't find anything and while waiting for a female personal to search my person randomly started asking questions about alcohol. I stated multiple times that I had nothing to drink but they arrested me and at the station, I initially refused the test because I didn't understand how I failed the SFST than less than 2 mins changed my mind but the officer said because I signed the form I couldn't change my mind. They then charged me with everything under the DUI/DWI "bracket" (about 6 charges) saying he had to because I refused.
Refusing to take a breath test carries Motor Vehicle Administrative Penalties, and is admissible by the State in Court....
Hello I Got a PBJ for a DUI last year at the end of this month. I was given one year of PBJ and a fine. The year will be over in 2 weeks. My question is does it just end and thats it, or will I have to have to go back to the court house. I have no viloations. Also this was a paperless PBJ unsupervised no specific stipulations. Thanks
The probation portion will be over, however you must wait till three years has passed before you can expunge the conviction.
I got arrested for a DUI last year. I missed a court date, but my lawyer got a new court date. On the day I was to appear in court, some sherrifs showed up at my door and were about to arrest me, but they didn't once they confirmed I had court that day. An hour later, city police showed up and arrested me, and I ended up missing court due to that. I guess my real question is why would a judge want me arrested even though I was on my way to court, just to have it rescheduled for yet another date? Why would the judge issue a new court date and then a bench warrant at the same time? Are these people crazy?
It may seem strange, but your court case doesn't come to a halt because a judge issued a bench warrant. If the judge...
Convicted of DUI on March 13. 1st DUI. Currently on informal probation: Keep a SR-22, Insurance, and submit to breathalyzer when ask by law enforcement., and of course 0 Alcohol tolerance while driving . I'm visiting family in Maryland and Florida for few days and I was wondering if I can drive as long as I follow my probation terms?
You need to consult with an attorney who handles these kinds of cases. S/he can guide you through the process.