Danville Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Danville, NH or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Danville Law

Can I fulfill these requirements in NH? Is it going to cost more money?
I got an OUI in Massachusetts. I moved to NH soon after and got a guilty conviction after I moved. I have to now take a 24D program. I don't have a license and can't drive down to MA to take these classes.
You will need to speak with the probation department in the MA court to see if they will accept a class from a NH provider.
Will I be drug tested, in New Hampshire, while taking a court ordered alcohol program?
I was arrested for transporting a few months ago but it was basically a misunderstanding so I just have to take the ASAP program class. I was wondering if I would be drug tested even though it was an alcohol related charge? I signed a consent form for the class but it only says something about refraining from the use of illicit drugs and alcohol but nothing about being tested for anything. Would they have the right to drug test me when I go to the class? I just want to emphasize that it was only an alcohol related charge so I don't think they would be able to drug test me for drugs?
usually you are tested for everything. Check the conditions of your sentence to see what you can and cannot do.
Should I be prepared for major consequences for transporting alcohol?
I got arrested last night for transporting alcohol. My boyfriend, whom is 21, purchased beer at a gas station 2 minutes away from his house and I was his ride. A police officer was in an undercover car at the gas station and pulled us over immediately after running my plate for an "alcohol compliance check". We were unaware of the law that prohibits me to transport alcohol with him in the car unless we are married. I have no prior arrests or offenses and I was let go easily without having to be bailed out. But I am currently approaching the end of 1 year probation for a speeding ticket of 5mph over the limit. That is my one and only offense. Will I still suffer from a major fine and license loss? Please tell me what you think so I can be somewhat prepared.
I believe you risk loss of driving privilege. Hire an attorney to defend that alcohol transport crime charge while on...
My 18 year old daughter was arrested in Mass for OUI and required to appear in court within 8 hrs. Found guilty.
She was embarrassed and tired to handle the situation with out an attorney. Knowing that she was legally impaired does it make sense for her to appear in court and make decisions that impact her for the rest of her life. Shouldn't the legal system protect against this?
Apparently they believe in swift justice in the Granite State. How do you know she was still impaired when she...
Went to a hearing officer, provided evidence that was default machine not working... 3 weeks later the RMV wants me to come back in .. Is this a good thing?
It is never a good thing to go back, hire an attorney.
Can we still take plea deal or represent self and ask for lessor consequence.
My son is 17 has never been in trouble and how has two Class B Misdemeanors 1) DUI marijuana, 2) transporting. They offered a plea deal of $600 fine with 1 year additional loss of license (he already is losing it for 6 months due to refusing a blood test) and use of a breathalyzer device in car for 2 years. We initially did not take the plea deal. Is there still time to take it? (We go back to court May 8th). Due to the Class B misdemeanors, we have to hire a lawyer, out of pocket, which is very expensive. Can he write a letter to the judge/prosecutor stating his side and ask for a lessor consequence (1year total loss of license with no breathalyzer), or can he present this in court? We are at a loss.
This is really a question you need to be asking your lawyer as they are most familiar with your case and will know what...
If a girl is extremely intoxicated to the point of blacking out, can she give her consent to sexual intercourse?
Several of us stayed at a hotel so as to not drive drunk. A guy I was dating was invited back to the room by my friends (total five). He had his friend leave and during this time. I was unconscious from too much alcohol (very unusual--I 't drink).He had sex with my friend and then when he tried with me,I woke up and started crying. I realized that was why he wanted his friend out of the room.He posted that he had "the best night ever" while in the meantime I was at the hospital. When I found him on top of him, I tried to get him off and he is telling people I am violent and crazy. He kept pouring alcohol into my drink. I take full responsibility for trusting him but how is this OK? . I went to ER & they did rape kit because "I lacked capacity to consent" What can I do?
I assume you made a police report? That is really what you can do right now. Obviously you don't want to get yourself...