Cortez Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cortez, CO or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cortez Law

First Time DUID methamphetamine
I got arrested for the first time in my life somewhere in CO (only have had a couple speeding tickets and nothing else prior) and I am twenty-five. I was spooked as I passed a Sheriff going the opposite way when I saw him turn around on the road a hundred yards behind me and I turned into a driveway which gave him suspicion to follow me. The Sheriff arrested me on DUID for being high on Meth and false plates on my car. I had insurance. I went to jail for the weekend until I could post bail. He said he could smell it and I agreed to take a UA at the station. He had me do a test where I stood with my feet together outside, head tilted way back and tell him when 30 seconds was up. They searched my car without consent, but I had nothing on me or in my car. This is first time arrested.
I'm not sure I see a question here. You might want to rephrase.
I was ignorant of the law and refused a breath test. Is there anyway I can save my license.
I am a middle aged woman, do not drink very much or very often and was pulled over. My husband was intoxicated, argued with the officer and I was deemed drunk. I felt antagonized by the officer and confused as to why he was arresting me as I was not intoxicated. I thought if I took the breath test I would only make things worse. When the office told me to sign the paper saying I was refusing the test, I did not read the paper as I did not have my glasses and thought the officer was telling me the complete content of what I was signing. Is there any way to keep my license. I have never been arrested, have no recent traffic violations and need to drive to make a living.
Probably not. Ignorance of the law is not a defense or excuse to prohibited conduct. The fact that you signed the...
About dui
Husband got arrested in '09 for DUI in Denver. Went to court he got a year probation for the DUI and $1000 in fines, sent to classes and had to check in everyday for random UA. After a couple of months we moved because he lost his job. What I want to know is how do we go about getting everything transferred to where we live now? I'm pretty sure he has a warrant in Denver ...what can we do for him not to go to jail and to get this all set to he can pay a fine and probation so he can get his drivers license back.
Yes he's probably got a warrant and violation of probation case waiting for him. He will absolutely need to hire an...
Is this grounds for reasonable suspicion? DUI arrest.
Our car was parked at 2am in a well light strip mall plaza in a very low crime area north of Denver. Myself and two females were standing outside of a car discussing our options to get an Uber. All our phones were out of batteries, but we couldn't find the car charger. Officer pulled behind us and light up his spotlights. He states in the police report that all business' were closed and he could here a mans voice from 100 ft away. Is this reasonable suspicion?
You absolutely have an issue that needs to be fully explored with a skilled criminal defense attorney. They will have...
Can I obtain Toxicology report before arraignment on DUI summons?
I was involved in a single vehicle motorcycle accident and taken to the hospital. I remember taking a breath test at the hospital given by an officer. The officer could not get a good test because of my two collapsed lungs and asked if I would consent to a blood test which I did. How can I obtain the results of the test to see what my charges are going to be?
When the government took your blood they took a vial for you. Depending on what lab was used (ChemaTox, Denver, etc.)...
First time DUI offense. (Colorado)
I got any first DUI and am unfamiliar with how to proceed. My BAC was .188. I have seven days to contact the dmv to request a hearing about my drivers license. I reached out to a lawyer but haven't heard back. Should I talk to one before I call and request a hearing? What should I do?
In a perfect world, yes you should consult with a lawyer BEFORE requesting the hearing. There are some tactical...
2nd DUI 1st one 10 years ago in another state.
I had a DUI 10 years ago. Waiting for a friend in front of an apartment. I got worried about where we parked. I moved to the drivers seat in case yhe car needed to be moved. I fell asleep and cops came. I refused the breathalizer since i was asleep and did not understand them. The second DUI was in Pueblo. Colorado. The DA is giving me a plea as what the state requires can i request for the 40 days in jail like he says and perform the 40 days under work release so i can maintain a job?
I'm not clear on your facts. Is the current charge in Colorado? Regardless, the fact that you were asleep in the...