Cool Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cool, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cool Law

If I pay the fees, file SR22 and DUI school to obtain a restricted license then have I conceded and the appeal is moot?
I was cited for DUI (.09 BAC) in El Dorado County, CA. I had the DMV administrative per se hearing and lot. I filed a petition for writ of mandate and lost. I've appealed the decision on the writ to the 3rd DCA where it is awaiting a briefing schedule. My license was suspended for 4 months. The DMV and court did not stay the suspension. I decided to not pay the fees, fines, etc or go to DUI school or file a SR22 as my writ petition and now appeal move forward. I understand if I consent to the fees, fines, SR22 and DUI school to obtain a restricted license then I've conceded to the DMV suspension.
Where's your lawyer in all of this? Don't tell me you're representing yourself. What exactly are you asking?
Do I need a DUI attorney or Criminal attorney?
Had my first court appearance Nov. 18. 2015 in my hometown Bishop, CA. Where I was visiting at time of my arrest. Received a very nice judge who up called me up LAST after many other people with serious charges. He never asked me a plea simply said "get an attorney" my charges were very serious. Paperwork says Count 1 DUI, Count 2 twice over legal limit .015. I was not driving at the time, I was parked. However, my keys were in the ignition. I had 2 Highway patrol, Mr. Nibert who was very nice and the second not so nice. 1st officer made me take the breathlyzer 3 times, said I was not doing it correctly. I was VERY nervous as I've never had a DUI. I'm a 46 year old single mother two 2 youngs. I also wanted to ask should I get an attorney in Bishop, or here where I currently
Definitely get an attorney in Bishop as they will be more knowledgable of how things operate there more so than an out...
How do I get my drivers license back from 2004 DUI
I completed the required program for DUI in CA in 2006 and paid by check to get my license back and sent w/ certify of completion, mailed it in to the Calif. DMV and haven't heard back about my license, everytime I go to the DMV to inquire, they say it's still suspended. I have the copy of the check they cashed, too - I need help getting my license back - could it be a clerical error ?
You can contact the DMV Mandatory Actions Unit in Sacramento and ask them what else is needed to obtain your license....
Can my brother avoid jail time for his first dui?
My brother was charged with a dui I believe he was 20 yrs old at the time it happened (he is now 21) he grazed another person's vehicle and the person asked to go to the hospital so he is also being charged with causing bodily injury thus far he has completed everything the court has asked him to do as far as staying out of trouble and taking required classes they want to charge him with 2 months jail time and 5 yrs probation is there anyway he can do without jail time and get house arrest instead? Also they did not find any alcohol or drugs in his blood but he did admit at the time he was under the influence of shrooms. Thanks for any help you can give me
It sounds like your brother's case is quite far along which also means he has an attorney. Please encourage your...
If I blew a .10 Breathalyzer test will I loose my license
They pulled me over thinking I was involved in a hit and run and later found the person that was involved in the hit and run . but they treated me as though I was guilty and cuffed me in front of my wife and children in my front yard
Yes, you will probably lose your license. You will also likely eat a DUI in court unless your attorney comes across a...
Do i need a lawyer for my case?
i was driving under the influence and got into a car accident, no one was hurt except for me and now i am getting charged with 2-5 felony charges. this is my first time ever being charged.
You have been charged with felonies. You absolutely need a lawyer. Use the "find a lawyer" tab to locate one in the...
If I got a dui and I'm out on bail bonds can I travel between states?
I want to go to the east coast for my birthday at the end of the month
That depends upon whether or not the court imposed any release conditions and more importantly perhaps, your contract...