Columbia Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Columbia, SC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Columbia Law

1st DUI Nolie Prosequi 2nd won at the motor vehicle hearing. Case is over now Told to play guilty Can I apply again for hearing
I wanted to go to trial because I knew that I would win. Lawyer talked me into pled guilty and I was not given a copy, but I signed some papers. I am a register nursing student and I asked him many times if my case can be expunged if I lost my case, he said yes. On 5/28/ 2015, after signing the paper lawyer gave me a number to call to get information on applying for expunge. As you know their is no expunge on DUI charge, which I didn't know it at the time or I would have went to trial. My case was first at the DUI court in Rock hill, and after my case was over I learned that reason it was moved to York County, General Sessions is because I was charged with 2nd DUI, when my 1st on 2010 was Nolie Prosequi. Discovery video didn't have anything on me, it was only bits hear and their.
I am not licensed in South Carolina, so out of respect for any experienced attorney licensed in SC who also answers...
Information about getting a special provisional driver's license.
1st DUI charge was dropped. After my 2nd DUI, I received from Department of motor vehicles that I cannot drive for 12 months and cannot get a provisional license. I had filed with office of motor vehicle for hearing and won and I was driving with go anywhere driver's license. I am in process of seeing about filing for PCR. My own attorney destroyed my case. I know I will get what I am asking. Even after I win my case I am assuming I cannot apply to the office of motor vehicle hearing again? I am also assuming that both of my DUI charge will stay in my driving record for so many years even if the case was dismissed and I have to wait 12 months and go through programs before getting my license back? In mean time is their anything I could apply to the court, or to the motor hearing?
I am not licensed in South Carolina, so out of respect for any experienced attorney licensed in SC who answers your...
Boyfriend got charged with DUI, he refused to take a breathalyzer, how can you help?
My boyfriend got pulled over for a DUI saturday night. The thing is the officer gave him a warning ticket for swerving in lanes, the only reason why he swerved was because we got food and it spilled and he was trying to clean it up He only had a beer, or two. He passed all the exams, and he refused to take a breathalyzer. The cops arrested him, and suspended his license. Why did the officer givr him a warning ticket for swerving in lanes and then arrest him? Is there anyway we can get out of this? He refused to take a breathalyzer, therefor technically they dont have proof that he was drunk? (The reason why he refused to take a breathalyzer was because there was a St. Pattys celebration in SC and he had drank earlier, but he didnt know how much wouldve still been in his system)
Refusing to take the breathalyzer test was a serious mistake. If you get pulled over on suspicion of a DUI and...
I got into dui accident without insurance. What will i be charged with.
I got into a minor accident. No one was hurt. I was arrested for a dui and later when reporting the claim to my insurance company, discovered my insurance had lapsed. The policy has been reinstated but it is not retroactive for the time of the accident. What can I expect will be the legal repercussions. The court and officer did not realize my insurance had lapsed at the time of arrest. Can I be arrested again when I appear in court as an uninsured motorist? Will I be able to get a provisional license?
You could have additional charges, so best to get a local criminal lawyer on deck now. Avvo has a great "find a lawyer"...
Can u get a bench warrant lifted by paying the fine. Was put on a payment plan for a dui case, but couldnt keep up the payments.
Once i couldnt keep up the payments, they issued me a court date telling me i would have to have the payment in full over 1000. Which i missed because i knew i didnt have the money and was gonna have to do 30 days.
The only way to get a bench warrant lifted is to apply to the judge who issued it and ask that judge to lift the warrant
Is a DUAC a criminal charge in the state of South Carolina or a moving violation?
Being convicted of a DUAC and blowing a .08 is this a misdemeanor charge or a moving violation?
A first offense DUI or DUAC is a misdemeanor. Although it is a misdemeanor it carries very significant consequences,...
Can I bring proof that my fta was with drawn to the new state I live in for a drivers license?
I got my license suspended due to ticket fines in California whereI lived..they are all paid but still shows a ftafor ga. Trying to send certfied doc to cali to show its withdrawn. Can I bring the certified letter to my new state sc where I reside and get my license back since I am now a resident there?
The most important thing is to make sure each DMV cleans up your driving record. Find out what the SC DMV will need by...