Checotah Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Checotah, OK or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Checotah Law

i was pulled over for no tail lights the officer then said he smelled alcohol in the vehicle after a search of the vehicle nothing was found and a valid drivers license and proof of insurance was giving no breath test was giving but he said i had red eyes and was possibly intoxicated so he handcuffed me i was placed in the police car and told i was being arrested for DWI read my rights and taken to jail i asked if i could call someone to get me car he said no i don't understand
A lawful arrest for DUI does not require that there be chemical testing of breath or blood. In my experience in PA,...
i was arrested for DWI handcuffed read my rights then taken to jail car was towed with proof of insurance with no breath test he assumed i was intoxicated is that legal
See the answer I provided to the earlier version of this question. Good luck.
i was told to take a breathalyzer, but not sure if the video is still available at the police station to show and hear the officer tell me i had to.
IF you have already been convicted, the court will not look at new evidence now. Did you have a lawyer when you were...
I got a DUI in CA and finished all requirements and paid all fines except for the 1st offender program which is a 9 month program. I applied and received the 1650 waiver packet after moving to OK where I've received my OK license. Almost 3 years has passed and I was originally going to return to CA to complete my classes ( since the CA DMV will never accept an out of state program) Due to expenses and many other factors I don't wish to return to CA anymore for I have settled down in OK. What I wanted to know was what are the consequences of not returning to CA besides losing driving priviledges in CA? I looked in SD County and see that i still have a bench warrant even after applying for the Waiver. I wish to avoid having to make a trip to CA altogether. Thanks for any info
You need to place your inquiry in front of attorneys licensed in California. You can do this by contacting arvo support...
Any time within a couple of years from original date of offense.
My son got a DUI in 04/13 and signed a plea agreement. His attorney was also his boss at a restaurant. He closed the business without paying my son which started an avalanche of financial problems, then he didn't show up at his hearing. He wasn't offered a public defender, even though he was unemployed, and for the most part homeless. He didn't know what to do, but he's been told if he puts myself on the docket they will put him in jail. A bench warrant has been issued. My son has been diagnosed with a mental illness, and he wasn't taking his medication when he signed the plea deal. This has sent him into a spiral and he makes his living with his car, so this has truly devastated his life.
Your son should engage counsel prior to surrendering on the warrant.