Cotswold Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cotswold (Charlotte, NC) or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cotswold Law

Can you be charged with a DWI when you refuse breathalyzer test?
I was pulled over for revoked tag and no insurance. When officer came to window he asked if I had been drinking. I said only 2 beer. I had beer bottles in floor board of car and they found beer bottle caps in my pockets. They had me do the field sobriety test, they said I failed. I refused the breathalyzer test on the spot and at jail. Can I still get charged with Dwi?
Not only CAN you be convicted of DWI, you automatically lose your license and driving privileges for 1 year for a...
Do I have a chance for my DUI to be dropped?
A few days ago, my boyfriend tried to turn around to get my sunglasses that had fallen out the window. During the turn his truck slid into a ditch and got stuck. While waiting for a friend to pull us out the Park Rangers pulled up. After being pulled out we were all told to go to the parking lot to discuss what happend. My boyfriend asked me to drive as he was afraid he would go to jail if he continued to drive. We'd both been drinking, but I had only had 2 and I felt perfectly fine. I drove less than a quarter mile and after my boyfriend was arrested they targeted me and made me take a breath test. I blew a 0.03. which was over for me because I'm 20. I don't think she told me I was under arrest and I was never read my rights. I had no intent to continue to drive after I parked his truck I was just doing what the park ranger told us to do.
I hope those were really nice glasses You are probably charged with driving after consuming while <21. It's serious...
I let my daughter pawn my rifle. She has a dui will she be able to get it out??
My daughter pawned my rifle she has a dui will she be able to get it back?
I can't see why not. A pawn shop has no connection to the DUI.
If you enter and pass a pretrial diversion program for a DUI do you then have to admit to it later?
I was in WV and got my first offense for a DUI. I entered a pretrial DUI diversion program and I passed the program completely. Do I have to admit to future employers about the DUI? Or since I passed the diversion program is it not something I have to admit?
NC law has nothing like WV's diversion for drunk/impaired drivers. Was the charge dismissed and then expunged? If...
What is the penalty for a violation for driving on dui probation?
My husband was seen by his probation officer driving, he said he would talk to his supervisor and get back to him in the morning. But he is doing everything hes supposed to working, classes, and alcohol monitor etc.
Is his license suspended and he either doesn't have driving privileges and/or is ineligible to get a privilege at this...
What is the best possible outcome from a DWI and a failure to appear ?
My husband was arrested in 2001 for a DWI, he was assigned a public defender who he meet with once. The attorney said he would be in contact with court dates and we never heard from him again. Husband was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps in 2002 and we relocated to another state about 6 months or so later. Still had heard nothing from the public defender or courts. We left forwarding information with the public defenders aid/secretary. Fast forward to now, he went to renew his license and was told he can't due to an issue in the previous state, come to find out the DWI was still open and a failure to appear was added on to it. What is the best outcome for my husband, he's had a clean driving record since, as well as been with the same employer, and has logged over 1000 volunteer hours.
It is impossible to answer this without knowing the details of the case. Hire a lawyer in the state where the charges...
How many continuances can I get for a DUI case?
I lost my job when I lost my license and was just able to start back working. I want to hire a lawyer but I need at least another week to get my 1st paycheck. I have had 2 continuances already.
As many as the judge is willing to grant. Let the judge know that you would like to hire an attorney and ask for time.