Caribou Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Caribou, ME or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Caribou Law

What happens in court if a person is picked up on a DUI and is not a citizen but has a permanent resident card?
This person has lived and worked in the US for 30 years and has no former convictions. He is not working now because of a disability. He has a ME license . He was told he will lose his license for five months and will have to pay a fine of $500.00. This incident occurred near his home and the State policeman who stopped him said he had passed him at a stop light, which he didn't do. Then went on to ask why the lights were not on in his house. Apparently this officer had been watching him for some reason for quite some time. I don't understand why customs and immigration would have anything to do with this and it is causing him a lot of stress since his lawyer told him that. Can you give me some information on this? Thank you
Being charged with OUI will not trigger any collateral consequences with INS, but if there is a conviction, then INS...
Drove sober drank soon as I arrived for 3 hours. had a dispute with my parents, they called cops, cops asked had I been drinking
an driving. I said no. cop asked you been drinking hear..i said no. got arrested. I drank on side of road. blew .22 . parents said I mite of been there for 1 hour or 3, they didn.t know cop did ask where did you drink...I said nothing so with that said what are my chances at d m v hearing. I have a class a license ?
Your chances might be pretty good if you get a good lawyer on board. I don't completely understand the timeframe but if...
I had an OUI 16 years ago in Maine. Plead guilty did the DEEP course and community service. is that removed from my record?
Was arrested last week for OUI. Would this be considered my second offense since the first was so long ago
If the date of your prior conviction is more than 10 years from the date of your current charge, you are charged with a...
Is it possible to submit a written plea for leniency in advance or in lieu of a BMV administrative hearing?
I had a clean record until totalling my car in a single vehicle accident while driving at a BAC of .15. I feel it is relevant to my defense that I suffer from a mental illness that requires me to take a number of prescription medications. On the day of the accident I was basically self-medicating with alcohol. My psychiatrist has told me he will discharge me if I drink again. Given the years of hard work it took for the two of us to get me off SSDI losing him would be almost akin to a death sentence, far beyond any punishment the BMV or courts may impose. There are additional factors surrounding my illness that I feel are relevant. Given their sensitivity I do not want to discuss these topics in some sort of open forum. Is it possible to make a written plea to the BMV? I expect to be contacted within the next few days for an admin. hearing. Thank you!
No, it is no possible. There are no pleas for leniency with BMV. After BMV sends notice of suspension, you must: (1)...
If i refuse a drug test from my probation officer will I go to jail? Or will he/or she suggest counciling?
I'm suppose to to get drug tested today. I had a week to get clean from my last drug test which I failed for cocaine. What if I used again within that time or still have it in my system?
The consequence to you of failing a second drug test or refusing the second test is up to your individual probation...
My FL license was suspended for 10 years for 3rd DUI 4 years ago, however Im now living in Maine. Can I get a hardship here?
Everything I read online says the revoked license must be cleared up in FL l before anything can be done but what if I never move back to FL?
Your question was posted under the wrong category. To further assist you, I am reclassifying it to the DUI category,...
Transportations of Drugs by a Minor
I have a summons to court for Transportation of drugs by a minor. I was stopped at 2 am driving my friends who weren't fit to drive. The cop explained that this could result in a suspension of my license which I find crazy because I had no clue there were drugs. The cop claimed the car reeked of pot like we were smoking but I let NO ONE smoke in my car. Should I consider getting someone to represent me on my summons date? It's only a civil offense but i feel as if the cop lied to search my passengers. No drugs were mine that was found. Possibly able to get the suspension dropped or the whole summons in all?
Consult an attorney in your area. This sounds like the sort of case that can sometimes result in a a favorable result.