Cape Girardeau Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Cape Girardeau, MO or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Cape Girardeau Law

My license has been suspended. For 5 years in mo. Is it possible to get them 're-instated earlier
4 dwi. Non violent felony
The length of the suspension will never be decreased...... But, you may be eligible for a hardship. If any of your...
Will my probation be revoked
I am under probation in mo for a dwi and i have less than a year left. This is unsupervised probation. I was in panama city for spring break a was arrested for disorderly conduct this weekend. I have the option of doing a misdemeanor diversion program and upon completion all charges will be dropped and dismissed. How is my probation going to be affected if I complete this if at all. Also should I even inform the court.
You should contact a attorney in panama city to help you with your case and contact the attorney that you used in your...
DUI driving law in CA uses a 10 year limit on drunk driving charges. How does MO get away with using old CA priors to prosecute?
Seems to me, Missouri and other states that use your accumulated DUI's from other states (that have limits) should not be allowed to use this information beyond that states limit. I don't have a federal drivers license, I have a state driver's license. Don't we all? Can any lawyer help out on this and explain to me how Missouri gets away with this and is there any defense to use in throwing out these "Old Priors" ? On a slight tangent, what should my lawyer look for to throw out old CA priors in general? Please don't tell me to get a lawyer. I have one.
The key to an answer is found in the last two sentences of your post. You have counsel who should be your sole source...
What happens to a 2 year conditional permanent resident that has gotten a DWI and DUI in less than 3 years apart?
In 2010 my husband got a DWI in Missouri. He spent 2 years in jail because he is hispanic and was out of "status". He entered the US legally but overstayed. To make a long story short we won our case with immigration April 2012. The judge granted him a 2 year conditional permanent resident card (since we weren't married at the time for very long). Now my husband tells me he just got a DUI in Arkansas yesterday (he wasnt driving but the key was in the ignition and it is dry county in Jonesboro Arkansas) What does this do to him when he goes before immigration in April 2013 to apply for citizenship or a 10yr permanent resident card?
He should be OK ... talk to the lawyer that helped your 'win' the case with the Immigration Judge for confirmation.
What does this mean? (Missouri)
I looked up someone's case on Case Net for a DWI. Their attorney got them to plead guilty and they got a suspended sentence and I guess probabtion for 2 years. Where it stated the fines it said "$200.00 LERF" what does that mean?
That means he had to pay $200 to the law enforcement restitution fund.
What can a DWI be reduced to in Missouri if it is a first offense?
It was a first offense and the driver was pulled over immediately after leaving a gas station that the officer was at. The officer never told the driver why he was pulled over and asked the driver to get out of the car as soon as the officer got to the window. Can a DWI be reduced to an offense that will not affect insurance rates or even be reduced at all?
Not enough information to be able to answer your question. But hiring the best lawyer is always going to result in a...
Arrest warrant in TN
I was arrested on 3 counts of reckless endangerment before deploying to Afghanistan last year. I hired a lawyer and he had the trial postponed until I return. I redeployed to the states in march and ets'd in July. I never received anything from my lawyer or the court but I now have a warrant for my arrest in the state of TN. The charges are from a drunken fight in a cab in which I struck the cab driver causing him to swerve into a ditch. No reported damage to the cab
If you are not still in contact with the first attorney, you need to either get in touch with him or hire another...