Canyon Country Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Canyon Country, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Canyon Country Law

My boyfriend got picked up on his 3rd DUI while on probation on his 2nd DUI. He was also charged with driving w/ a suspended Lic
What is the worse case that can happen to him. He is currently in custody as we speak
Worst case? Up to a year and six monthson the new one plus up to a year (minus any credits) on the probation violation....
Will DUI affect my citizenship?
I have lived in US for 22 years. I want to apply for the US citizenship. However, 15 years ago, I caused traffic accident and there was no injury; besides, there was a small amount of drug found in my car. I joined the program for the first offender. In my case, will DUI affect my citizenship application?
Assuming you were only convicted of a DUI and no other charges relating to drugs, a DUI from 15yrs ago should not...
Will I get an extension for my DUI requirements?
I was sentenced in March of 2016 at the LA Metro Court of a first time misdemeanor DUI with aggravating factors and converted fines to community service (can't do labor due to disability). I was given one year to complete my requirements. I still have to complete: 200 hours (out of 400 hours) of community service, 3 months of my 9 month alcohol program, MADD & HAMM classes. I had difficulty with paying for my alcohol program / moving / divorcing, I started all my requirements late due to moving last summer. The lawyer saw in November my progress, and was okay with everything, I'm at the same progress as then because of finally getting a job. The MADD & HAMM classes are not offered where I live (Santa Maria, CA) and it's difficult for me to get to Los Angeles where I was convicted. Will the judge give me an extension? How long can I ask for? Should I contact the court BEFORE my court date?
YES, the judge will probably give you an extension but you should ask for it ahead of time. Be proactive. You already...
Completing dui terms and conditions on time?
I got a dui about 9 months ago. The court gave me 1 year to complete all the terms and conditions of my probation. I have completed the dui class, the HAMM and MADD courses and paid about half of the fine. If I am unable to pay the complete amount of the fine by the last day it is due what should I do? Appear in court and request an extension? Do i have to see the judge? Thanks
Sounds like a trip to court is in order. Either you or your lawyer will need to go. Better your lawyer.
What happens after DUI for marijuana in California ?
I was smoking marijuana in my car with my friends(one was in the car with me others were outside the car) in a low key spot we always hangout. Police came saw us and told us to leave then when I did leave i was driving up the street from where we were and he was hiding waiting for me to drive by and when I drove by he pulled me over and gave me a dui. I have a medical marijuana recommendation so before I left the spot I put everything in my trunk. One other fact was that I know the police were out of jurisdiction because they are known cops in my city of Glendale.. but the spot I was hanging out on and the st they pulled me over was NOT in Glendale but in Los Angeles. Couple blocks away. What do I do now? Is my license suspended?
You need to fight this. You need to hire an attorney who HAS and does handle drug (marijuana) DUIs. The DMV should...
Can i apply for my DACA renewal if i got arrested for a DUI?
two years ago i was arrested and charged with a DUI, i got a lawyer and the charges of DUI were droop to a wet reckless i was giving 3 years of provation my class is completed and currently making payments for the citation. Would i be able to reapply for my DACA work permit and get approved?
I hate to say this but a wet reckless still equals a DUI for immigration purposes. Under Trump's executive you are now...
If I got DUI in California, can the DUI school be shortened?
I was living in California in 2013 when I got the DUI and received a 9 month school for first time DUI offense under .20 Bac. I am from Florida, and really had no where else to turn at the time and returned home. In the last three years, I completed my fine payment before it was due, served 48 hrs in jail, did mail in probation for 18 months (which was lowered from 3 years because I finished everything else), and did a 60 hour online course, and had an sr22. I can not get a California license without taking the school, and I knew this condition before accepting it. It is now looking like my work will be taking me back to California. Can I make some kind of appeal to have the school time shortened so I can work there? I'm not trying to waive the school, but 9 months is more than is usually given for a first offense with no accident or property damage involved. If I move back can it be reduced to 3 months?
This was listed under education law when it primarily concerns criminal defense. I'm moving it to that area.