California Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near California, MD or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

California Law

If I get a DUI in Maryland and I am a resident of South Carolina will it show up in South Carolina?
If I am charged with DUI, speeding and wreckless driving in Maryland but I am a resident of South Carolina, will the charges show up in South Carolina?
The answer can only be provided by a lawyer who is licensed in South Carolina. The laws of each state are different....
My cousin received a PBJ in 2002 for a DUI. In May 2011 he was arrested for a DUI. Does this make him a subsequental offender?
The DA is trying to enforce subsequental offender. Is the right, what is the time frame for prior convictions? Also is it possible for him to get another PBJ since the first one was in 2002?
What prosecutor is trying to apply a subsequent offender statute on your cousin, the California or Maryland prosecutor?...
6bench warrants in one county. moved to another county and was arrested for false name and driving on suspended lic?
6 bench warrants in pg county md. for failure to appear on dui . moved to another county in md and was arrested for giving false name and driving on suspended license. officer checked for other warrants, then released me. will i be given jail time in first county when i go to court in county #2
No, it doesn't work that way. You will at some point have to face the music for the bench warrants and the DUI in that...
Is it possible for me to petition for change of child physical custody of my ex. wife boyfriend has a Dom. Viol. and DUI/DWI
Good morning, I have recently placed a petition for Contempt of court (deprival of child visitation) on my ex. I am currently actively seeking legal representation in the St. Mary's Co. area for other events that has made co-parenting virtually impossible. My Ex. and I have both Joint/Legal custody of our children, w/her having physical. My concern for the above topic. My Ex has a young boyfriend that has interfered with my co-parenting (which she allows). Recently, I've had problems with him threatening to destroy my children's cell phone that I purchased for them (14 and 16 yrs old), along with my ex. threatening them as well and praising coercing my kids for lying to me. I have a police report so justify difficulties dropping them off with admittance of them threatening them and being hostile to the law enforcement. While viewing MD. public records. I observed my ex. boyfriend have previous charges of Domestic Violence, multiple DUI/DWI charges. as a concerned non-custodial parent, do I have a right to petition for a change of custody if im the only one trying to keep equal relations with my ex. for the sake of my kids? Any advice on a change of phy.custody would be appreciated
It is your burden to prove that since the last court order there is a material change of circumstances that warrants a...
Before my DUI trial my lawyer talked to the arresting officer and made a deal without my knowing. Is this legal?
The deal was: If the arresting officer didn't have the entire arrest report read, including parts where I was apparently talking too casually and too much, my lawyer wouldn't ask for certain fines to be reimbursed. She accepted this deal without consulting me. All I said were things like, "Are you a rookie?" and "Why aren't you busting crack houses instead of pulling me over?" and "Are you guys doing anything about the heroin problem down here?" In my defense I was drunk and tend to talk a lot anyway. It's not like I was screaming expletives. I even apologized several times for cussing on accident. It just kind of comes out when I talk.
Yes this is legal. Your lawyer was trying to help you. A judge would take a dim view of you making comments to the...
Remove alcohol restriction on my license from DW&S & MAB with a DUI & PerSei from 25 years ago due to my M.S. nondisclosure?
I was pulled over with suspected DUI driving. I was not convicted of any alcohol driving violations. I did have a MD driver’s license w/o disclosing to the DMVA that I had M.S. (Multiple Sclerosis) The DW&S and MAB restricted my license for a DUI I received 25 years ago. DW&S said I had 2 alcohol related offenses in 5 years. 1 the pull over was a per sei and then the court ruling from that traffic stop was a PBJ for the DUI. That is from the same traffic stop. How can I have two alcohol offenses from the same traffic stop? The
You should consult with an attorney. If both incidents arose from the same incident, they should not be counted as 2...
Will a speeding ticket VOP for a DUI PBJ with condition Obey All Laws and doesnt mention any exception for minor trffc offenses?
On April 5th, 2013 I received a PBJ for a DUI charge. The probation is 3 years unsupervised. The Defendant Probation/Supervision Summary page states that the conditions are: OBEY ALL LAWS and COMPLETE ALC PROGRAM-CURRENTLY ENROLLED. I just received a speeding ticket today for going 38 MPH in a 30 MPH zone today. If I'm found guilty then will this speeding ticket violate my probation?
No, it should not violate your probation. Usually, obey all laws means not to commit any incarcerable traffic offenses...