Brooks Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Brooks, KY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Brooks Law

I was in a single car accident back in May. I was avoiding a potential head on collision and I lost control of my car. I went
off the road hitting a tree and rolling ove landing upside down. The car behind me stopped, got me out and police came. He called EMS. He tried to give me a breath test, but the glass that I had in my mouth made it impossible to blow( even though I did try 3 times). I was not seen on video and was not given a blood test. I was transported to the hospital and was released 3 hrs later. I was chared with DUI due to the smell of alcohol on my clothes from working in the bar that night. I've gone to court once and was delayed to another date. I didn't get the public defender because I thought I could save enough for an attrny, but don't have it. What will the judge do this time and can I ask for more time? Also, can I receive any additional charges when my ticket just says dui?
You need an attorney ASAP. If you cannot afford a private attorney, at the next court date ask the judge to appoint you...
Need advice on close friends 4th DUI case
My close friend is going to court in the morning for his 4th DUI. I do not know his prior legal arrangements regarding his other DUI cases. He is planning on pleading not guilty in the morning so that he can have a trial, to obtain time to seek better council due to the fact that he only blew a .09 and the legal limit here in KY is .08. Is this a bad idea and if he pleads guilty will he waive his rights?
It seems you posted this question two times. Here is my previous response. I am only basing my advice on the...
I live in ky and recieved a dui here and now florida is holding it against me suspended me for life how is this legal?
it is a 4th in my life time dating back 25 yrs. 3 in florida
Florida's DHSMV web site lists the following for a 4th DUI: 4th DUI or Subsequent DUI Conviction - You must serve 5...
After getting a DUI in CA and now living out of state, how can I get my BAC lowered for a 1650 waiver?
I received a DUI in 2013, started my program in Mar, 2014 but was dropped (8/4/14) for missing too many classes and failure to pay. I have been working on this from KY all year with no success. I had a warrant, got it recalled, have had my SR22 for 7 months, applied for a 1650 waiver but was denied because my BAC was a .22 and the MAU says this prohibits me from being eligible without an amended abstract lowering it below a .20. DMV gave me 3 options, to get it lowered, to re-enroll/drop and pay some fines, and to return to CA to finish it entirely. I have a life and a job in KY I can't leave for the amount of time it would require to settle options 2 and 3. I've been without a license for some time and need it back ASAP.
The amended abstract of judgment seems like the best option, but it would be very difficult to get, I think. Imagine...
I blew a triple zero on a PBT. I was still charged with being under the influence of alcohol.
I admitted to taking a sip or two, but was not under the influence. I was also charged with attempt to purchase. Appearantly a minor(whom was under the age of 18) was present at the scene but I had no idea how old he was, nor who he was. Also, when the police knocked on the door and stormed in, they failed to state that they had a search warrant, then proceeded to look through the residence. There were other charges I am found guilty of. Will a Marshall judge still pin me for two sips and "attempting to purchase"?
Good question. I would begin to answer it by reading the police report. What does it say? Have you read it over yet?...
I have been charged with alleged of an impaired in Alberta Canada question is in add details
I have been charged with alleged of an impaired in Alberta I did my paper work in the police station after the breath test got my promise to appear had a lawyer attend to my promise to appear i received a phone call almost a month later from the arresting officer stating I missed my fingerprints which I guess I didn't see on the paper so the cop said ito call him next week to sign a new promise to appear so I called him he said thanks for calling me back I just need to know when I can stop by to get you to sign a new promise to appear the courts messed up on the paperwork so can I meet with you to sign new paperwork for a new promise to appear What I wanna know is what's going on? I don't think I need to sign new promise to appear I already have a promise to appear what the deal here?
You are talking about some form of criminal matter in another country and will likely not get a lot of good, helpful...
I signed an Alford plea DUI 2nd with my name on it but the DL & SS#'s are incorrect in all of the court docs even the citation.
Do I have any options as to having this removed. All documents are/were incorrect in cluding the Alford Plea. It never shown on my record as being convicted. Since, I was arrested for DUI2nd, bailed out after 8 hrs, went to court date 3 weeks later, where the same judge changes my charge from 2nd to 3rd. A week later it shows a conviction of the previous DUI2nd. This charge was over 14 months old.
I am not licensed to practice law in Kentucky (area code 42101?), so out of respect for any experienced DUI attorney...