Brooklyn Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Brooklyn, MS or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Brooklyn Law

What can court programs do if you have a valid prescription for pain medication?
I was charged with DUI other and sent to 4 months of probation under court programs. The judge is aware of the medically necessary prescription for pain under Dr. Supervision. I have to take urine test monthly and it will be positive only for what I'm prescribed.
Generally, they cannot prevent you from taking what the doctor has prescribed for you medical condition.
Why do I have a probation officer for a DUI 1?
I was convicted of a DUI 1, which is a misdemeanor in my state. So when I go to court, they tell me I have a probation officer. So I can't drive (no license, nor a car) because I lost my job. I'm 23 I don't understand why I have one, if it were for drugs that would be a different story.
If you received a stayed sentence for a criminal offense, it is likely that you were placed on probation subject to...
In 2006 I received a nonajudicated dui sentence. However it is seen as guilty and is still on my record within the court. why?
I was sentenced to a non adjudication dui on 2006 for having a bac higher then .02 but lower than .08. However today I called the court where it happened and I was sentenced and they said it was not labeled as non adjudicated but rather guilty. I have the court abstract and it says sentenced to non adjudicated, however it says my plea is guilty and the judge found me guilty. This abstract is signed and has a raised seal. I was told that after I completed the necessary task it would be dismissed. I then called MDPS and they said in their records it is displayed as non adjudicated. My question is shouldn't this have be changed to dismissed and the conviction removed from my record? also this information was released to a state I moved to by the municipal court, not MS DPS. Any advice?
You need to contact a local attorney to review the sentencing documents. It may be necessary to hire an attorney to...
I was arrested for DUI first offense in the State of Mississippi. Can the prosecutor change the charges to a lessor offense?
I understand the State of Mississippi bars any plea bargains for a DUI charge. However, the prosecutor for the county I was arrested in is a mutual friend. He instructed me not to show up to court with a lawyer and that he will do his best to work out something with the arresting officer.
And I am sure he is thrilled that you are posting this information in a public forum for the world to see. Get a clue man.
Can I be convicted of DUI marijuana if there was no drug test taken?
I was recently stopped during a road block. The officer gave me a field test in which he said my eyes were shaky and I might be under the influence of marijuana. I was taken into custody, but never was given a drug test. Can I still be convicted even without a test?
Yes, it is possible to convict someone of a DUI without any scientific evidence. The evidence may depend on the...
Can a probation officer order someone to submit to a drug test if the judge does not order the said person to submit to one.
The probation officer told said person that they had to take a random drug test, and pay the 30.00 dollar fees. The person did not pay the fee on the next visit and explained to the officer that the judge did not order them to submit to one. The probation officer became angry and told said person they could not leave without submitting an urine sample and that they would have to pay for it on their next visit, also the officer did not ask what medication that the person may have been on since this does effect the test outcome.
It would be best to refer to the terms and conditions of your probation. This is a document -- a contract-- between...
Hi, i got a dui refusal and i need to file a "10 day" test refusal petition.. How do i do this on my own without a lawyer
i receive a letter on the 9th and have til tommorrow to file the petition need help ASAP
You really should hire a lawyer. You are already unsure about what to do and you do not know the elements to include in...