Belvidere Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Belvidere, NJ or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Belvidere Law

What are the repercussions of getting an out-of-state DUI?
I currently hold a NJ drivers license but reside in South Dakota for school. I have been convicted of a DUI charge in South Dakota recently and did not get my license suspended. Instead I was given 30 days jail suspended and court and lawyer fees. However, I did get a suspended imposition on this charge. After all this, what is going to happen next with my New Jersey drivers license, and I going to get my license suspended for a year in New Jersey with the other penalties that are usually applied, or will New Jersey just treat it as a conviction in the state for sentence enhancement purposes? It should also be noted that the blood test showed a .194 for my BAC.
Changing to DUI category for more informed counsel.
About 7 years ago I lost everything to a DUI...I pulled behind a mp plate knowing it was a cop i beeped after a minute
And I was waiting at least a minute ...he acted like he was parking ....I made the turn and as I was parking in front of my home he pulled up to me and told me get back in the vechile and walked up to me and put me in cuffs..detained....I got hit with 10 charges the only one I got hit with was the DUI refusale. Is this police entrapment...him waiting on a main Street knowing if you come from the bars in this town you have to come this way ...I didn't get the field test till I got to the station and they locked up my mom and smacked her with 3 charges just for trying to get info to find out why the pulled me over....
No, it's not entrapment. Entrapment occurs when the police get you to do something you wouldn't normally do, then...
I have a DUI charge in New Jersey. Don't go to court til October. If I move to PA and get a PA license what will happen??
Just did
If you don't appear, a warrant will issue for your arrest. If they find you in PA, then NJ will tell PA to arrest you...
I was charged with dwi but was not in my car, nor was my car running, I was arguing with a person who called police
I was not on my car, my car was off, as my check engine light was on, so I parked the car and planned on walking to repair shop, I got onto argument with person living near where my car was parked, they called police and when they arrived, we were arguing still, and I was asked to take a breath test , I said I was not driving my car, so there was no need to do this, I was arrested for refusing to take test, and given dwi ticket , but no ticket for being disorderly person or anything else? I was not near my car or driving so can I be convicted ?
Stop thinking you are a lawyer. If the position and condition of your car and you admitting you drove it very recently...
License suspended in NJ for 10 yrs due to DUI & I move to PA. PA system is 2 or 3 yr suspension for when can I drive in PA
see above question - live in Hackettstown NJ but plan to move to Easton or Wind Gap PA. If length ot license suspension differs between the states for the same offense which governs.
If you think about it, you will quickly understand that a judgment of one state does not change just because you change...
I have a VA driver license, but I got a DUI in NJ.
I have a VA driver license, but I got a DUI in NJ. The first DUI offense for NJ is loss of license for 3 months, but the VA first DUI offense is 1 year. Do I need a NJ or VA lawyer and which offense would I receive?
A NJ lawyer. It is handled in NJ court. If you are suspended it is NOT 3 months, it is only 3 months if your blood...
If papers cannot be located can we reopen a case to pay for bills for drunk driving case from over 14 plus years ago in NJ now?
My husband was hit by a drunk driver head on over 14 years ago which resulted in a Spinal fusion and his insurance company was and is NJM. He's recently had to have another spinal fusion due to loss of function in his left had in Nov. 2016. We cannot find the info. for the attorney they'd used back in 2002? I think. Is there any hope at all for us to get this reopened to cover all of his medical expenses since then and have his pay replaced for time he couldn't work?
The case is past the statute of limitations, so not getting reopened