Bellport Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Bellport, NY or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Bellport Law

Will driving with a Suspended license affect my DWI Plea deal?
I was driving with Suspended License in the Third Degree(Speeding) was pulled over for blowing a stop sign and blew a .11 and was charged with a DWI. To my understanding the AUO 3rd degree gets down to a 511a which is not a crime, but I was reading somewhere that the DWI Plea to get reduced to a DWAI could be effected with aggravating factors like driving with a suspended license. Will I still get the Plea deal? It's very important that I do not get a criminal record.
Unfortunately, plea bargains are discretionary, not mandatory and not all cases are treated the same. And you read...
Gettiing IID removed with no monitoring agency?
I will have had my IID in for the required 12 months on 4/10/2014. I am trying to get the necessary paperwork in order so i can get it out asap, i am 6 months pregnant now and it is difficult to use. I have spoken to the court and interlock and even probation and i keep getting the run around. I did not have a monitoring agency, it was requested by the judge i was not put on probation etc, i was charged with VTR11921? if thats correct therefore no need to be monitored. I was told by the court to send in my original order for the interlock to show when it gets removed, but no im being told by the company that is not correct i need a letter from the DMV? the DMV says it comes from Lifesafer. I really need help and im not getting anywhere. any insight?
The Probation Department for the County that you were charged is responsible for monitoring the IID device even if you...
How do I get my bac from a past dwi?
I'm going through the screening process for a federal job. I need to get arrest notes, including bac from a dwi I got in 2007. I also need proof of completion of the drinking driving course I had to take.
Check with defense counsel, court and/police agency. Also, see if your drivers abstract reflects completion of course...
I was arrested for DWI in Suffolk County. I am a teacher. Can I lose my job?
I was arrested in Suffolk County. I went to court and was assigned an 18b attorney. He is trying to have the charge reduced to a violation because this is my first offense and I have a clean record. I am a teacher an I have received a letter in the mail that my employer would be contacted and that my fingerprints would be placed on hold pending the outcome of my case. I'm terrified I may lose my job because of this. What should I do?
I would recommend speaking to your assigned 18b attorney about any concerns you have related to your case. Your...
Someone wrote a statement on me while i am going through a dwi case what could happen?
Going through dwi case found out someone wrote a statement saying I threatened them but it never happened
We do not know what the statement says? We do not know who has been given a copy of the statement? We do not know if it...
Can I put in a petition to have the interlock device removed?
I’ve been sentenced to 3 years probation. I’ve completed 1 year so far. I’ve had the interlock deviced installed for one year already. Never had a fail, pass all drug test, from probabtion and the 6 month program I was mandated to do. Is there anything I can do to have it removed before my probation term is over.
I suggest you review CPL 410.20 at:
Prior dwai violation conviction, now charged with an aggravated dwi in nys, possible outcomes?
I was charged with a dwi in the past 2 years and it was dropped to dwai following community service etc, now ive been charged with an aggravated dwi (.26). I have successfully completed a 28 inpatient substance rehab, am continuing with outpatient treatment twice a week and have taken the vivitrol injection. (Shot that aids in alcohol recovery)..nothing has been mandated by the judge as both inpatient and outpatient have been suggested by my counsel. What am I realistically looking at as far as conviction considering the completion of the 28 day program and contributes treatment?
I am assuming this matter is in Suffolk County. If you plead guilty to the charge, you are realistically looking at 3...