Basile Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Basile, LA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Basile Law

How can I beat Sexual Battery charge if I don't remember from being drunk?
On October 17th, 2015 during a festival I was arrested for grabbing a girl's bottom while being heavily intoxicated. I did not know her age but was told by her she was 18, turned out to be 15 when a friend came up and asked what the hell I was doing with her. When I was arrested I was there for maybe no more than an hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours before finally brought in to the detective's office and questioned. I do not remember what I said after stating to the detective that I was still drunk off my rocker. I also learned after sobering up a bit that the victim made claimed I not only grabbed her bottom but her breasts, crotch, and thighs. She also stated that I tried bringing her to some near by bushes for oral sex but I clearly remember going to use the bathroom and she followed. I have 4 witnesses saying that the other things she claimed I did didn't happen. The witnesses also said how it all started was that she came up to me and grinding on me, I grabbed her bottom, and she asked if I can buy her some alcohol to which I denied because she was of not the drinking age. I am 22 years old now. Can I beat this or will I be going to prison and becoming a sex offender?
Intoxication is not a defense. And, you do not help yourself by posting these kinds of incriminating details on the...
Can I get my DUI dropped or off my record
In 2006 I was living in CA, I was pulled over and given sobriety tests. I past with flying colors...well they made me blow and said i blew a .70. Now I'm not a big guy and I had 2 beers few hours earlier with my dinner. I told them that when asked if I had been drinking. Well they took me to jail, booked me, had me blow again. Half an hour later, they let me sign myself out and walk out the doors. They also repoed my truck during all this. Well the judge put me in jail afraid I would flee the state to go home to TX. I was in jail for 4 months. When I got out, I told my court appointed attorney that I had no where to stay, no longer had my job or transportation, I needed to go home. She told me to go ahead and she would keep in touch with me. I tried for few months to contact her.
I'm answering your question because you are located in Louisiana. I know about Louisiana law, but not the others....
Can you be arrested at your home and given a DWI?
I was involved in a minor fender bender with no injuries the car I bumped had minor scratch and she waved that it was ok. I came home and had 3 drinks. After 30 -45 minutes a knock at my door proved to be police who said I was arrested for hit and run. Went to police station and officer ask if I had been drinking. I said yeah, what s wrong w that? The hit and run was cleared up but he gave me citation for DWI. He has on police report I was arrested however I was not fingerprinted, no mug shot. A friend picked me up after an hour. That s how long I spent at police station. I consented to breath test which reflected I had been drinking. Can they do that?
This is not unheard of, unfortunately. The most reliable way to fight it is to hire an attorney, who should file a...
Can I join another branch after failing a drug screen at meps
I recently went through meps and I quit smoking weed because I was serious about serving our nation. When I went through meps to be a marine I passed everything except for the drug screen because I still had a little thc in my system. I've vowed to never smoke again after that. I'm just wondering is if I get my degree can I become an officer in another branch
Great question for the marine Core to answer no way to know.
How do i get my daughter back from CPS in Louisiana.
I was arrested for possession of schedule 2 narcotics as soon as I got out of jail 2 Days Later I immediately went and checked myself into rehab I've been in Rehabilitation for substance abuse for 2 months passing a drug test and had a mental health evaluation and I go to court for a trial and a couple days I'm wanting to know any information that might be helpful.
As harsh as it may seem, you need to wait until the criminal matter is resolved before you worry about the CPS matter....
Can Louisiana dcfs take my children after second positive drug screen.
The police wanted me to rat and when I didn't they called call service the largest child services and said that there was a mess with her for now your friend and that I was arrested which is not true me and my wife both failed the first dipstick test the second test that was just realize we both passed the third test which was a dipstick just refilled again for methamphetamines and they came in and took the children
Yes they can best to consult with a family attorney asap for your options.
What happens if you had a DWI 5 years ago and pleaded article 894 and just got another DWI but refused all the test ?
I had my first DWI 5 years ago and pleaded article 894. I just got pulled over last night and was truthful with the officer about where I was going and where I had been. I also told him I had drank two beers. When ask to conduct FST I refused however he did so the pen test. Once arrested I also refused breath test. What's going to happen to me now ?
You refused the test; good. Then you admitted having two beers; bad. Results of eye nystagmus test unknown. You need...