Barnet Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Barnet, VT or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Barnet Law

Is it considered a crime to drive a vehicle with an expired inspection?
Worried about breaking terms of release for other non-related criminal charges I am facing. However, need this vehicle to get to work to also not break the terms.
It's not a misdemeanor; it's a violation of the motor vehicle code, like a speeding ticket, for which there's a fine to...
What do you think about my case.. what is the better option for me?
arrested for a light on the car.. i said i was coming back from a concerrt a a litttle drink.. the ask me to get out and do the test.. i blew 0.11 .. i just give them my passeport.. never received tickect.. i found it weird. I call the commissioner of motor vehicule to have a hearing and they didnt even got me in the system. what do i do .. what is best for me. its my first violation in life so im a little confused and its not my country so im lost a bit thx
If you have not been issued a ticket, there does not appear to be anything to worry about at this point. If you do...
I was given 10 days work crew for a C & N driving charge but I'm disabled with cardiac issues. What can be done?
I plead guilty to C&N driving on suspended license. Bear in mind I was not pulled over nor was I even seen in a vehicle by anyone/police. I'm legally disabled & was given 10 days work crew. Can I just go & do the 10 days in jail?
Ask your Attorney surely you can do the jail time. None of us lawyers have your case so our guesses will not help
My friend violated his furlough for DUI #6 in Vt. Will he have to finish out his sentence in jail?
My friend was convicted of DUI#6 in VT last year. He was out on probation for DUI #5 when he did so. He was sentenced from 3 months to 3 years of furlough. He is supervised by Probation and Parole now. Long story short, he violated the terms of his release by neglecting to attend his court ordered group meeting. HIs parole officer then came to his residence and he was under the influence of alcohol at the time. This is not his first violation either. Will he be incarcerated for the rest of his sentence, or is there the possibility he gets out on supervision with ankle monitors, etc. He has been under strict supervision before and he never is successful. Will he do the time in prison now is my question. He goes in front of parole board next week. Thank you!
When you violate furlough, the sanction is determined by DOC (as opposed to the Judge, who sentences a person that has...
If arrested for not blowing roadside test
I was parked, looking at my phone trying to find my motel. short story I had beer n the car and was asked to take a sobriety test and failed as does everyone, I would not blow the roadside and was arrested my rental car towed I was transported to the police station I was not mirandized or given a phone call. I never was asked to take a chemical breath test, urine, or blood test. I was then put in Volusia county jail for two days to see the judge who set my bail at 5000 for 1000 fine if convicted. I had to pay 3500 to a bonds man in Vermont to get out of jail. I had to hire lawyer in Florida to represent me 1000 retainer 250 an hour. what I want to ask is can I sue for the money that it cost me to be locked up on the fact of my civil rights were violated.
Everybody fails a sobriety test ????????????hmm interesting will have to disagree. Perhaps but don't see any civil...
Can I get a 11 year to 11 years for a DWI 3?
3rd dwi
This is a DUI question, not a sex crimes question. I changed the practice area so you will get DUI attorneys to answer...
Can I get legal custody of my daughter if her Mother has a DWI conviction?
My ex girlfriend and I have had joint legal and physical custody of our daughter who is now 3 years old. I have taken her to all her medical and dental appointments and have had her 3-4 days a week (alternating). She has never shown up at our exchange on time and starting about two months ago it got even worse. I found out that she had been arrested for aggravated DUI which in court was changed to a regular DWI and Reckless Conduct. She won't have her license back for another 8 months. Her father won't drive her to our court agreed drop-off point so I need to drive to her father's house or some new drop-off point. She also lost her job. I am thinking that this would be a good time to get legal custody so that I can determine where my daughter goes to school.
These situations are always very fact dependent. Investigation should be made of the circumstances surrounding the DUI...