Awendaw Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Awendaw, SC or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Awendaw Law

DUI arrest with CDL?
Am I eligible to get a license if I've been arrested for DUI, refused the breath test and have a CDL?
You would be well advised to retain a criminal defense attorney prior to trial. Do not miss your Court date and allow...
Can I get jail time in SC for an open container if I have 2 previous DUIs?
I was pulled and officers smelled alcohol and asked if I had anything in the car, I said no. They saw an empty can in the back and searched and found an open beer. Hadn't taken a sip though. Got a ticket for open container. What my concern is possible jail time because I have 2 previous 13 years ago, one 6. Should I just pay the fine online and have it in my record, or see if it will be reduced?
There is nothing really that an open container charge can be reduced to. Its already the lowest level for a criminal...
How do I request a continuance for DUI charge?
I refused breath test. I do not have an Atty will have money next week Docket signing this morning
You can ask the Court for a continuance, but do not miss a Court date. At the very least you can ask for a jury trial....
Military DUI can I fight it? And will this affect me civally or will it stay in house?
I was coming home from a friends house, when I was less than a mile from my military housing I was pulled over for "Failure to maintain lane" although there are no lanes or markers on the street in out housing. I was then taken into the station for the breathalyzer where it did not work. I was then transported to another location where that breathalyzer also did not work. Finally at the 3rd place after about 3 hours I took the breathalyzer where I blew a .14.
Are you active duty? Request your representation if base police arrested you. It will be reported to DMV and hit your...
Can I appeal a DUAC?
In July of 2016 as I was driving home from my birthday party I had a diabetes issue, hypoglycemia, and passed out while driving. It's true that I had four beers in the span of 5 hours and was no where near drunk. I explained to the arresting officer that I was in a hypoglycemic state and he flat ignored me. I was arrested for dui and booked. I blew .09, legal is .08. Before the breathalyzer the officer was adamant that I had way more than I confessed to. However, when he saw the results he stated that I most certain,y did only have a couple of beers. In court the judge requested on 3 occasions that the charge be dropped to wreck less driving. I had brought documents supporting my medical condition and how the ketoacids from being in a hypoglycemic state form in the mouth and will give a false reading. Also proof that when in a hypoglycemic state, one appears to be drunk as hell. This was not reduced to wreck less driving because the arresting officer would not agree to the lesser charge. Makes me wonder who really is in charge in court. Is there any thing I can do to get the duac reduced to wreck less based on the judges recommendstion in an appeal?
I am assuming that you did not have a criminal defense lawyer at your prior trial. Yes, you can appeal the conviction...
Do I need an attorney if a drunk driver hit me fled the scene after.
I was hit by a drunk driver and he fled the scene. My insurance company found him with the tag number we got and he is telling my insurance company no accident occurred and he is not even talking to his insurance company. I have found the vehicle and even have pictures of the the damage to his vehicle.
Maybe. Depends upon whether you are considering making a claim for personal injuries, expenses, lost wages, property...
DUI in SC with out of state license
If you received a DUI in SC but have an out of state license, how do you go about getting your TARL once the license hearing has been requested and scheduled? Does the application have to be mailed to Columbia? What form do I send?
If your license is out of state, you meed to check with your other state DMV.