Avon Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Avon, IN or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Avon Law

I was hit by a drunk driver, if I sue for and win punitive damages, will their insurance cover those as well?
A couple of months ago I was hit by a drunk driver at a red light. The driver was at twice the legal limit and has a prior drunk driving conviction, so I think it might be worth trying to get punitive damages against them at trial or at least to bring it up when the insurance company offers me a compensation package. I feel like I'm leaving money on the table if I don't bring it up, but I doubt they have enough assets to pay that on their own, and I don't know if the insurance company has to cover all their insured's liability or just the compensation part. Thank you for any help clearing this up.
Every insurance policy I have ever seen excludes punitive damages from coverage. Moreover, there is case law stating...
How much time does the court have to produce results from a blood draw related to an OWI?
Occured , 07/04/2013, had an accident resulting in an OWI , blood draw on same day . I was informed by attorney that it would be 3 to 6 months before the results come in . Court date scheduled before results will be in.
It's not the court that does so, it's the prosecutor's office. Beyond that, all of your questions should be directed to...
Do I need a lawyer for being charged with public intoxication?
got arrested in hendricks county indiana for public intoxication was taken to jail released and have a court hearing
There are a number of other factors that can affect the answer to this question. These factors include but aren't...
Can I get felony off my record
D.W.I.felony in 2004
I am assuming this is a DUI felony because of the posting area. It is probably possible, but not likely, that you...
I have a 10 year suspension dui on my drivers license. There is a new law where I can get it back, but not with a b.a.c. refusal
I did not refuse. I have the police report. In one paragraph in states my blood alcohol level and in the very next it states that I refused. This doesn't make sense. I have gone 4 1/2 years on my 10 year suspension and I no longer drink.
Do you have a question? You can ways seek a specialized driving privilege to get you mobile
Looking for a lawyer to file a htv probation license. I'm a contractor and can't work without a license. I have a 1099 paystub
BMv states that I can apply for probation license privilege.
It sounds like there is an application you can complete and then submit to the BMV. You can probably do it yourself....
What to do
I was pulled over for failure to dim my lights. Officer asked if I had been drinking , I did have drinks earlier, however I was driving my intoxicated husband home. I performed all tests and did the portable bac test. At which point, he couldn't get an accurate read and said I failed all the tests He asked if I would come to the station and take a controlled test, I said yes. He handcuffed me, put in the cruiser, informed my husband and left him in our car on the side of the road after taking my keys from him. We then went to the station, I took the controlled bac test, and I was below the legal limit. He then uncuffed me, drove me back to the car, and wrote me a warning for failure to dim. We then drove home. Will they be able to charge me later even though I was let go and not arreste
It's possible you'll be charged, but it's extremely unlikely based on the facts you've presented. Not only did your...