Audubon Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Audubon, NJ or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Audubon Law

I have warrants for failure to appear on traffic charges in N.J.
I am just trying to get this all taken care of without going to jail when I go in to explain to the police dept involved....Two of the court dates were scheduled for the same day on opposite ends of the state. I'm making matters much worse by not turning myself in. Do I need a lawyer?? It's not for a DUI or anything moving. I drove with a suspended DL...I can't live in constant fear, yet I cannot afford bail.
You need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney. You are correct, you have made matters much worse. The...
Would a 30+ year old dui and refusal (1980s) in NJ, be used the enhance a 2010 dui and refusal?
I was nabbed in 2010 in NJ. Received a dui. Was January . A few months later , in NJ, I was sitting in my car, keys in the glove box, drinking. A supposed passers-by notified the police ( I have no reason why) , and they (4 cars ) showed up. I refused all their calisthenics. Was taken to station, tried blowing twice, I could not , I guess get a good reading because the Sgt screamed, put him down as a refusal. Long story short, they couldn't get me for dui (because I wasn't driving ), was convicted of refusal. Now, I have a refusal from 1985, and a dui from 1984, both in NJ. In january 2010 received the new dui in NJ. April 2010 received above mentioned refusal. At the time, my attorney said the 2 1980ish convicons would not count, since they were over 10 years old . They did. 14 susp
1980s is not 30 years before 2010. If they only asked you to blow twice, perhaps a lawyer could help you and I always...
24/27 bill ..would that mean if I get my interlock put on my car would I be eligible for a restricted license?
I lost my license for two yrs second DUI, but I only have six months left of my suspension and bus fares had just gone up I also take care of my mother its getting harder and harder to make it to work and take Care of my mom and pay bills..I need a second job but can not bcuz buss schedules don't comply with my full time job now there anyway I can get my license back now if I have the inter lock installed early? If so, what are the steps I need to take and who should I contact?
No. Unlike many other states, there is no exception under any circumstances where you would be permitted to drive...
Can I get a work hardship license for a suspended license for a reckless driving charge?
I beat a DUI case and the prosecotor give me a deal and turned a careless driving ticket into a reckless driving ticket and the judge ordered a 30 day suspension of my license. Can I get a work hardship license considering my suspension is not due to a DUI but a reckless?
NJ does not have conditional licenses. The careless should have stayed a careless. That could be grounds for a motion...
I passed the stand on one leg test but failed the walk and turn test can the judge rule a dwi based off FST?
I was pulled over for speeding and asked to do field sobriety test. My driving was fine and I didn't have any other symptoms of being intoxicated. I passed the stand on one leg test but failed the walk and turn test. How likely could be convicted of a dui based off those test alone since both test are 65% accurate in determining BAC above .10
In New Jersey, you violate the DUI statue if the police properly administered the Alcotest and your reading was a 0.08...
My 17 year old granddaughter was drunk driving her car and had only the license that says she can drive from 6am to 11pm.
She hit a parked car in a residential neighborhood, kept going and stopped in the middle of street blowing her horn and neighbors called police. She got 9 tickets. Under age drinking, Dui, unsafe lane change, leaving scene of accident, and a few more various tickets. We believe she was trying to hurt herself. She was arrested and taken to jail. Then from jail was placed in a crisis center at hospital. Then from there she is in a bahavioral rehab facility. What are we up against to help her get out of this. What are the consequences?
Get her the best lawyer you can afford and work on defending criminal charges first. And whether she will be driving...
Braces affecting breathalyzer? Any cases showing breathalyzer results suppressed from court due to Braces?
I was arrested for DUI and taken back to the station to use the alcotest 7110. I have clear braces that I don't think the arresting officer saw them. I had eaten just before going out and drinking, I frequently get food stuck in the brackets which can absorb the alcohol after drinking. Are their any cases I can research that contain a similar situation? And yes I have a DUI lawyer I just want to explore every avenue possible, just in case a detail is missed by him.
Cases? Who knows? My dui expert believes braces can impact reading result falsely.