Atascadero Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Atascadero, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Atascadero Law

If someone starts doing community service prior to a 2nd offense DUI can they avoid jail time?
Before court date they Already enrolled in drug and alcohol and 2nd offender alcohol classes. Also in sober living. Bac was .11 Thank you
These are all very positive steps and can be very compelling to the court to minimizing jail time there are some...
Open container dui
i got an open container ticket today. I was driving on a suspended license legally. how will this affect me?
I'm not sure what you mean by your question - "I was driving on a suspended license legally." I'm also not sure what...
When being pulled over does the officer need to tell you why he stopped you?
I was pulled over on cinco de mayo and after telling the officer no I haven't had anything to drink he made me get out of my car, searched me with my consent, searched my vehicle, made me do FST, took me down to the station to blow and 0.00 was the result and never told me why he pulled me over. Being hispanic on cico de mayo not drunk????????
No, the officer does not need to tell you why he stopped you. You would find out if the case made it's way to court...
What is under the influence mean leagally?
If drugs are in my system but wasn't impaired do drive. Police report said my coordination was normal eyes were normal pulse was regular everything he wrote was normal. Does this mean that i'm under the influence.
You are likely referring to 23152(a) driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In essence the prosecutor...
Is having no license plate light being a 1983 truck probable cause to pull me over.
I was pulled over and charged with dui, but i blew a 0.00 bac but tested positive for drugs with a urine test. Drugs stay in your system for 4 or more days so I wasnt under the influence at the time of arrest, can my case be dismissed or evidence be surpressed do to no probable cause
First, lets be careful about the terminology we are using. A police officer does not need probable cause to pull you...
Can I beat my Duid case?
cop pulled me over and asked me if i was drinking, asked me for my license, it was suspended, asked me to step out so he can pat me down for weapons, didn't believe me i wasnt drinking. My passenger had paraphanalia so the cop then started asking me about using. I tested positive for drugs but wasnt under the influence that day. I blew a 0.00 bac and the officer never told me why he pulled me over
I would not address whether or not you can "beat" a case. However, you may well have valid defenses, which, if raised...
Taken home for being drunk in college town, not given a citation
I was in my college town and got way too drunk at a concert, I left the concert and tried to walk back to my dorm and take a shortcut through some woods. I fell a bunch and got cut up and my shirt ripped. When I came out of the woods I was at a street and was trying to see where I should go, right then a cop showed up and handcuffed me. He asked me a bunch of questions, I was cooperative and honest about my drinking that night. He then decided to take me home to my dorm and made sure I got in safely. He never gave me a citation but should I be concerned about receiving a summons in the mail?
Sounds like you dodged a bullet this time. Try to be more responsible about your drinking.