Arcola Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Arcola, IL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Arcola Law

I got a dui,drugs
quit drinking 2 hours before and took my kids 4 icecream and then to get some food they was both bunkled before we left and 1 of went to sleep and I thought she was buckeld but she wasn't when I got pulled over I blew a stop sing because the guy next to me was distracting me then I got pulled over they didn't read me my rites
You need to consult with and hire an experienced local DUI attorney. Receiving a DUI under "routine" circumstances is...
Can I retain my license after failing a breathalyzer test it ?
Not driving not highly intoxicated
It is not clear if you have been charged with a DUI. I will assume you have been since you failed the breathalyzer....
Does a DUI have a statute of limitations?
My 71 year old father was pulled over for failure to pull over enough while driving around a traffic stop. They ran his license and found a 22 year old DUI in another state. He was arrested & spent 5 days in jail. Returns to court in October with possibility of more time.
There is a statute of limitations with regard to charging someone with any crime. However, don't confuse the statute of...
Entering Canada with prior DUI supervision ?
Had a DUI arrest in 2014, plead guilty, and was put on court supervision. Completed court supervision and not charged in 2015. I was reading the United States and Canada share the same system for background checks entering/leaving for people. I know Canada considers a DUI a felony and they have the right to turn people away at the border. Since I was not convicted and my case is closed, should I worry about this? Would it help contacting a Canadian agency or bringing paperwork? Thanks
Best to contact a Canadian immigration lawyer over this. Locate one at
Can I still drive my car after being booked for a DUI?
I was coming home after having a good time with friends, I thought I was fine, feeling good. I am pulled over and arrested for DUI... I am in school, working and taking care of my 2 kids.. Am I still able to drive my car to school and work?
If you were issued a Notice of Summary Suspension, your license will likely be suspended 46 days after your arrest....
Can a DUI court supervision successfully terminated in the state of Illinois be expunged?
I was arrested for DUI in Dec 2014 in Illinois. I was charged, released immediately and ordered to appear in court. The court withheld judgment and placed me in supervision. I successfully completed court supervision and it terminated satisfactorily. There was no conviction, jail time, and license suspension. I've a court order confirming the above. Can the DUI be expunged in my case? Thanks!
Unfortunately, this cannot be expunged. That said, court supervision should generally not show up on criminal...
DUI Diversion revocation
Graduate student- charged with first time DUI in 2014- no record prior. Entered into pre-trial diversion which I completed flawlessly, no failed U/A-Breathalyzer, no missed apts, my D/O concluded my case would be dismissed upon my last appt Dec 2016. In March 2016 I received a notice of revocation of my previously completed diversion. This was due to a police report nearly a year prior that named me in a group of over 18 individuals that were halted by police for being rowdy outside a bar. I was never on bar property. Infact this incident was well over 2000-ft from the bar and I had only showed up minutes before to pick up friends. After explaining to police they took my statement, license, and let me be the first to drive off with the friends I came to pick up (they ended up letting everyone go). My name was on police report, thus it flagged the prosecutor at end of diversion background check. After 18 months of prosecutor plea's my attorney has now set case for an evidentiary hearing. I do not live in the state anymore, and travel frequently as a consultant. I am not guilty, and do not want placed back on div/charged for DUI. If judge rules against, can I appeal? Thx
Yes, if the judge rules against you, you have the right to file an appeal within 30 days.