Antioch Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Antioch, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Antioch Law

Can I fight a DUI charge
I was waiting for a tow truck standing outside of my car. An officer came by and asked what was going on. I told him I was waiting for a tow because my tire popped. At the time he asked if I had been drinking I told him I did have a few drinks. He did not test me or my girlfriend at that time. He then left and I sat in the car to make a call and he came back by and tested me for alcohol at that time. I was not even driving. I got a .13 he never tested my girlfriend. What are my chances on fighting this DUI or even reducing it as a Wet Reckless? My girlfriend was driving me home but he only tested me.
To answer the quest written in the heading, you can always fight a DUI charge. Will you be successful in your fight? It'...
Should I file a claim with my insurance company if I was hit by a drunk driver while driving my school bus?
The end of January this year I was driving my school bus which had no children on it, to a designated school and a driver ran a stop sign and hit me on the driver side right underneath me. I am receiving workers compensation, but wanted to know since it also considered a personal injury, should I file a claim with my personal insurance company as well. We also have the same insurance carrier. There is an ongoing claim on his part for my medical and injuries, they are keeping an eye on my progress, but would like to know is there anything I need to do. I was injured and also had an operation due to the accident. Also would this classify as a qualification for victims of crime since the driver was intoxicated?
If you were injured you may be able to sue the driver but their coverage may try to disclaim if the driver was...
What's the guidelines for a restricted license?
I got a restricted license a few weeks back. I had 4 dui arrests from 7-8 years ago. I was convicted on two. Haven't been pulled over since 08.. To my surprise I didn't have to take the behind the wheel driving exam or get a iid installed? Just took the written and eye exam. They took my pic and gave me a temporary? The dmv gave me no directions on where I could drive with a restricted? I read up on it a bit. I guess a restricted with no iid I'm only allowed to drive to work and dui classes. With a iid I'm allowed to drive whenever? Is this correct? If that is the case say I don't get a iid and get pulled over driving home at midnight from a concert of something? Then I'm flicked right?
Generally, restricted licenses allow driving to and from work and DUI school, addin the course and scope of work....
With a DUI conviction is a interlock device a condition the judge makes for you to get your license reinstated?
I have 2 DUI convictions from over 5 years ago. I'm looking at the conditions of my probation? The judge never made it a condition for me to get a device interlock installed to drive? The mandatory actions unit in sac is saying I don't need it to get my license reinstated? If the judge never made it a condition? Does that mean I am not required to get it?
If it is not a term of your probation and DMV is stating that you do not need it, you might have answered your own...
I am 18 and got a dui For marijuana This my first dui. What can happen to me. I have a job and I go to college
What can happen to me
you did not give much details other than near arrest for driving while under the influence of marijuana these cases are...
What does PTD mean?
I was arrested in 2011 for a wet and reckless then in 2012 for driving without a license. In my court records it shows a PTD: 06/08/2014 what does this mean ? Thank you.
While I have never seen this particular acronym I guess that one of the two cases resolved on June 8 and that your...
Son 32 yrs, involved in accident with 2nd DUI (one in 4/2014; 2nd 10/27/54).
Received a letter from injured party of their intent to sue both me and my son for medical damages. The car was fully insured and registered in my name and my son did have a valid drivers license at the time. Am I legally liable for my son's actions? c Can I be sued? The other party states the I am liable for entrusting the use of the vehicle to my son, and that punitive damage will be sought against me.
This question belongs in the civil litigation area. I am transferring it to the litigation category so that you may...