Alton Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Alton, IL or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Alton Law

How does my brother get his driver's license back after being without one because of a DUI since 1987?
My brother was vacationing in Michigan in 1987, had an accident with injuries and got a DUI. He served a month in jail and paid restitution. He continued to drink so he didn't want his license back because he couldn't trust himself not to drive. Six years ago he quit drinking, and now would like to get his license back so he has more freedom to see his grandkids and take his father places. I think he received a couple a DUI's in Illinois before his accident. Jail scared him enough that he knew he didn't want to go back. My brother is a good man and at 57, would like the freedom that his driver's license would give him.
Your brother needs the services of a MI DUI attorney. He can get a referral from the bar association in the county...
Completion of court supervision for DUI
I have successfully completed my 12 months of court supervision for DUI. Will I receive anything from the court system recognizing this?
I can't speak for the Alton area, but none of the courts in Northern Illinois will provide any documentation that you...
Noncompliance to DUI rescission terms due to death
My grandmother died the night before, was pronounced dead the day of my Victim Impact Panel appointment which I had every intention of going to, I have been taking this very seriously. She died in a house fire and with my own personal grief and grieving with the many people that make up my family I didn't realize I had missed it for days and just received a letter for a noncompliance court date. I freaking out, I need my car, and I'm not sure what to do.
Your situation is too involved for an online answer. Using the written documentation you have is a good place to...
Can I sue the hospital for telling my child that they suspected I was drunk. This upset my son terribly.
My son was to be released from a mental hospital. I met with the doctor and he accused me of being intoxicated. I was detained until the police arrived in a small room. The doctor told my 16 year old son that he may not get released because I was intoxicated. This made him upset. The police arrived and I was given the all clear. In police report it states I didnt appear intoxicared or smell of alcohol.
While this incident may have been upsetting and offensive, I don't think you would be able to prove any damages.
How should i explain this violation to the state of IL?
This was the first violation i have ever had. I had used mouthwash before that and thought there was enough time but i guess not. It registered .052(the detail report showed 3 .052 readings at the exact same time, which i thought was wierd too, but only shows 1 violation on the letter.) Because i was needing to get to work though, i had my roomate go ahead and drive my car and me to work so that i would not be late and pick me up later.
You can explain this once - and probably only once, The mouthwash excuse is really common. Purchase alcohol free...
Im a single mom in has no income at the moment i have a warrent for not doing my dui classes
my case is going on three years old i cant live like this i just want my normal life back my kids dont have anyone else im scared in dont kno what to do please help
You can begin by hiring a criminal defense lawyer (maybe pro bono or "low"bono) to "quash" the bench warrant still...
I am on court supervision in Illinois for a DUI and received a ticket for providing to a minor.
My license suspension was rescinded per plea negotiations. I am on court supervision for a year. Last night I received a ticket for providing to a minor at a concert. I did not provide the alcohol to my sister but I received the ticket because I was with her. What does this mean for my court supervision and my license?
While it is remotely possible, you probably will not have your supervision revoked. Nevertheless, you should hire...