Albany Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Albany, CA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Albany Law

Could I have my underage DUI expunged?
Three years ago when I was 17, I received a DUI for having a BAC of around .04 (as far as I can remember it was .04). I believe the cop unlawfully pulled me over, but being 17 I had no power in the matter, and had my license suspended for a year by the California DMV. I called courts soon after to find out how to proceed next, but none of the courts were able to find my name in their database. I ended up not having to pay any fines or do any community service (as far as I know), and would now be able to get my license back. I am wondering whether I could have my case expunged, and whether insurance companies would still be able to see the DUI on my record if the case were to be expunged?
What case expunged? It doesn't sound like any case was filed in court or that you were arrested. When you were cited...
Any cracker jack DUl atty familiar with California VC 14106? Can I request a DMV hearing be reopened to present new evidence?
CVC 14106 states in part: Following the...department's decision...the department...upon the request of the person whose privilege of driving is in question, may reopen the question, take further evidence, or change or set aside any order previously made. Emphasis: DMV may reopen a hearing or take further evidence AT MY REQUEST. I was arrested while drunk sleeping in my car. Odd as it sounds, my attorney and I never discussed the particulars of how I got there. NO DUI CHARGES WERE FILED. Statute of limitations has passed. She felt confident in problem w/the PC section of the DS367 and made that her sole argument. I didnt testify.Lost at DMV & a writ. My story, while embarrassing, & 1 witness can prove I wasn't DRIVING >.08. Can DMV reopen & take addtl evidence under 14106 so I get justice
If you have already litigated and lost a writ, I am doubtful that DMV will reopen the hearing. Technically, 14106...
This is my first DUI offense, but my BAC was .22. Police never gave me any paperwork. What should I expect to happen?
I was arrested for a DUI (first offense).They told my boyfriend at the scene that I had blown a .22, but they never told me anything. I was transferred to another city and held for 10 and a half hours. When I was released I was given a property reciept and an agreement to appear incourt which I had to sign. Now I'm finding out that I should have received other paperwork, like a copy of the ticket, a consolidated arrest report, and a 30 day temp. license (this was confirmed by the DMV). I don't know how to obtain this paperwork or what I should expect to happen. It was not an accident and nobody was hurt.
Call me. I can straighten out your record with the DMV and get the temp license. The rest we have to fight. Don't...
Can a DUI will affect my work permit ?
I got sentenced to jail time here in Stockton ca and I have work permit. Can they still deport me
Yes- It's possible- although the Governor signed a bill making California sanctuary State. When in custody you might...
How do I get my license privledge back after dui 5 years ago?
I never rectified my license after my dui. My next known step is to sign up/complete my required alcohol classes. My question is, how do I do that 5 years later without paperwork? Do I need to go to court? And will I be in more trouble for this?
If you never completed your sentence you have a warrant out for you. You need an attorney to get your matter calendared...
How to choose the best DUI attorney?
I have got my first DUI last week. I don't have any other tickets/prior records. We have talked to couple of DUI attorneys (after looking up at yelp and avvo reviews) and we felt that 2 of them were good and they mentioned that they will be handling the cases themselves (not by one of their sub-ordinates). One of them have 10 avvo rating and other has 8.x. Should I go with, who has a better rating? Any other specific questions to be asked to decide between them?
Ask the attorney how many DUI trials they have had in that county, do they think they will have to argue any motions,...
How to resolve old DUI after failing to take class, pay fee?
About 13 years ago I caused a non injury accident while driving drunk in California. I got a misdemeanor DUI conviction and paid the fine, but I never took the class or paid class fee. I've been sober 10 years and realized it's time to resolve this but I'm not sure how to start it what to expect. Only other arrest was paraphernalia possession in 2001, and I entered treatment and ceased all drug use (excluding alcohol, as above) the next morning - charges for that were dropped. I have extensive doctors' testimony and records (including drug test results) to show that I've remained off drugs since 2001 and sober since 2007, if it would matter to a judge. Thank you.
This is not an employment law question. I will change the practice area for you. Good luck.