Abingdon Crime

Crime, law and justice, and police blotter near Abingdon, VA or anywhere in the US.

Recent Crime News

Abingdon Law

How can I get my driver's license reinstated in the state of VA after DUID's but that have been over 4 years ago?
My situation is somewhat complex. I am a recovering drug addict(clean for a very long time, completed probation, etc). Years ago I got a "DWI:3rd offense, DRUGS w/in 10 years" on 2/14/2013, that was my hearing date, the offense was technically in Nov. 2011. I have a 2 year old, I live in an area that is not really equipped with public transport and live away from family that could get me to and from and my child to and from work and daycare. I JUST WANT TO WORK FOR MY FAMILY, THAT IS ALL I WANT A DL FOR. I have never really had a DUI resulting from alcohol except one MAYBE 2005..THE FIRST DUI. The DMV is really giving me a hard time as the VA DMV usually does. There is no way we can afford to pay thousands of dollars just to get me a restricted license. Can I go above the court and possibly write a state rep or something just so I can work, get to and from to the workplace. Thank you, any bit of advice is so appreciated.
A restricted license may be something to pursue
Will I have to complete the vasap program in VA if I already completed PA's alcohol program and requirements?
I got a 1st offense dui in Pennsylvania at the highest tier but have a Virginia license. My PA lawyer is unsure of what I will have to do in VA.
Virginia DMV is a creature that does what it wants. If you get a notice that your license will be suspended unless you...
Alright I was charged with dwi and marijuana possession, searched, and no miranda rights.
After a sobriety test, the officer asked me if he'd find anything illegal, I said no, he then felt my pockets and pulled out a baggy of marijuana, I didn't consent to a search, and I thought they couldn't take out my personal property without asking ME to do so, (unless it be a weapon) , I showed no sign of danger that would even provoke him to search me, he placed me under arrest and stuck me in the cruiser without reading me my rights THEN asked me to consent to a drug test, which ("not knowing my rights to silence" I agreed to... is there a case here?
Case for what...,,,,,,,,,........,,,,,,
I have been revoked for probation for a second time. For driving suspended.
My first violation was three years ago.iv completed 7 years of my ten years of probation. Just wanna know if I'm looking at a long time in jail? Any help would be great
The amount of any jail associated with a probation violation is up to the Judge hearing the matter. With this being...
Options on Vasap program. Can Adsap class from a differnt state be considered? my options may be. VASAP is VA , ADSAP is SC,
dui in VA in 1997.Now I had lived back an forth from differnt states as a teenagers and had a DL in Sc before I ever had a VA DL.Now, when my suspen time was up SC allowed me to take the ADSAP PROGRAM,& make a Sc driver License. carried sr22 , the whole thingLIKE 2003.. Passed class w/ no problems etc. Now I knew I wouldnt be able to Drive In the state of VA until i got some other matters cleard up.They were just traffic tickets &court costs that never got paid.& I was told VA dmv still will need there re-instaement fees etc. as which they should. Now yrs later now2011.all my fines an old court cost in Va is paid.But lady at court says i still need 2take vasap.long story short.COULD I PETENTION COURT TO DROP THE VASAP PART? SINCE ITS BEEN 10PLUS YRS.& IVE HAD NO MORE DUI& I COMPLETED ADSAP
You should seek counsel for this issue. Your facts are complicated and somewhat incomplete. In 1997, VA law required...
Can I get a restricted license after a felony DWI?
In 2014 I was involved in a DWI. Another car crossed over the center line, I swerved to avoid it, and injured a pedestrian. There was alcohol in my system. This was my first offense - both traffic and criminal. My lawyer had me plead guilty. I lost my license for 4 years, have been on probabtion for two (with zero issues), paid off all court fines as well as a substantial restitution to the victim. The accident occurred in NC but by the court date I had moved to VA. I have no family in the area and no close friends in town. My boyfriend, the reason I moved to VA, is slated to deploy in the next year. Is there a way I can petition for a restricted or hardship license so that I can maintain the house, go to doctor's appointments, care for my animals, etc. while he is out of the country? Better yet, is there any way I could potentially get an actual license back before the originally assigned 4 years is over?
You are going to be in quite a dilemma here. First, you have to go to NC to to get your license reinstated. Then you...
Do not think that I am judging you, but it sounds like there may be an issue with alcohol. treatment would not only...