Saturday Jul 26
Discovering family history
It's a tale of persistence and perseverance. Nearly 50 years ago, a local woman set out to uncover an old family mystery.
Thu Jul 24, 2014
Freeborn County Takes New Approach to Ending Poverty
Southeastern Minnesota has some of the highest poverty rates in the state, but one local county is taking a new approach to combat the issue.
Accusations Against Freeborn County Sheriff's Deputy 'Not Warranted'
In an ABC 6 News update, the investigation into a Freeborn County Sheriff's Deputy has been completed and no charges will be filed.
Investigation clears sheriffa s deputy
Glazier was placed on paid leave March 31st, the same day he filed to run for county sheriff.
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Community working together to help end poverty
As apart of the kick off to the Leaders Partnering to End Poverty program, Freeborn County residents were invited to a presentation on how to address poverty issues.
Tue Jul 22, 2014
FEMA aid approved for Minnesota counties
According to the official FEMA report, federal government will be paying for 75 percent of the costs involved in rebuilding infrastructure damaged in spring flooding, and the remaining 25 percent will be funded by the state.
Sat Jul 19, 2014
Tractor ride through Freeborn County
Tractor rides have become a pretty popular way for fundraising and Dale Grotsun, the event coordinator for the ride says last year they brought in more than $1,500.
Thu Jul 17, 2014
New art gallery opens on Broadway
After more than a year of planning and organizing, the Freeborn County Arts Initiative has finally stepped into the public spotlight.
Wed Jul 16, 2014
Services for Elvina Syltie, 94, of Porter, will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Bethel Lutheran Church in Porter.
Wed Jul 09, 2014
Freeborn County Included in Dayton's Federal Disaster Request
Wednesday morning Governor Mark Dayton extended a state of emergency for 16 Minnesota counties damaged last month by heavy rain and wind, bringing the total to 51 in the state.
Tue Jul 08, 2014
FEMA Assesses Freeborn County Storm Damage
"We're here today to look at some public infrastructure the townships, cities and counties had for damage from the June storms," Hall told ABC6.
FEMA looks at storm damage in Freeborn County
Representatives with the Federal Emergency Management Agency met with city, county and township leaders in Freeborn County on Tuesday.
Mon Jul 07, 2014
Fire Destroys Freeborn County Home
Investigators say a product called Acetone had been previously placed on the floor to soften carpet glue and it's believed the fumes were ignited by a pilot light in the basement.
Fri Jul 04, 2014
No wake restriction lifted just in time
The recent sunshine has helped soak up a lot of the water that was left sitting after recent storms.
Tue Jul 01, 2014
Violent Crime in Minnesota Increasing, Report Shows
Violent crime is on the rise in Minnesota and law enforcement officials are now battling a growing trend that could be behind it.