Mom temporarily blinded by parasite a...

Mom temporarily blinded by parasite after swimming with contacts

Tuesday Nov 6 Read more: Fox News

A mom was left blind in one eye when a microscopic parasite latched onto her cornea after she went swimming while wearing her contact lenses. Stacey Peoples, 49, was left without vision in her left eye after contracting acanthamoeba keratitis, a rare infection in which an amoeba attacks the outer layer of the eye.

Start the conversation, or Read more at Fox News.

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Traverse City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Craig Tester - Well Hung Nov 10 Marty 1
merchant marine to un manned ships by 2023 mv y... Nov 4 ZELMDA GOZARIAN W... 1
News Flotillas organized to protest Great Lakes oil ... Sep '18 Admiralty Law eh 1
Where? Aug '18 Elaine 2
News Tekonsha school officials under investigation Jun '18 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Traverse City Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr '18 knobby Twiddle 33
News Effort to cut energy bills includes solar power... (Mar '18) Mar '18 Solarman 1

Traverse City Jobs

Personal Finance

Traverse City Mortgages