School Moves to End "Rape Tag" Playground Game

Feb 3, 2012 Full story: NBC Dallas 36

Concerned administrators at a Minnesota elementary school in New Ulm have reportedly moved to shut down a popular playground game called "rape tag." The recess game was similar to freeze tag "except that a person had to be humped to be unfrozen," Washington Elementary School Principal Bill Sprung wrote in a letter to parents.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#1 Feb 3, 2012
How long before the administrators decided that this was grossly inappropriate behavior for elementary school students?
Catholic Diocese

Medford, NY

#2 Feb 3, 2012
Where/How can we get instructions for this game?

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#3 Feb 3, 2012
Okuba_Toshimichi wrote:
Seriously right?
I think the first time I saw this it would be the end of it, parents need not say anything.
Sheeesh! Kids learn too much cr@p too early ....

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4 Feb 3, 2012
parents ????????? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Sprung added that some of the 15 to 20 concerned parents hes talked with were upset about the touchy conversations with their kids the game had prompted.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5 Feb 3, 2012
Okuba_Toshimichi wrote:
right every child goes to the principal/teacher/school-board and announce their intention to play rape tag

please note I left out a school guard , because we didn't need one ....the teachers ran the school , not mommy/daddy/student

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 3, 2012
Too bad, we were going to play stab tag next. Then maybe smoke crack tag after that. I'm sure that the majority single moms were upset(that their kid got caught). I'm sure they can find another good game, like hitting kittens with baseball bats. Such good kids.

“All things considered...”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#7 Feb 3, 2012
How wonderful. Somebody needs to have a real serious talk with this school, like the police.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#8 Feb 3, 2012
Yeah, and they need to get a rope around "Hide and Go Shit" too!

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#9 Feb 3, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
why????????? school didn't do it ,

“All things considered...”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#10 Feb 3, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
why????????? school didn't do it ,

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#11 Feb 3, 2012
Simply_Red wrote:
<quoted text>Cuz I felt like saying that Tally, come here you.<Red grabs Tally and gives him a big smooch!> Hope your day is going well.:^)
great sweetie and yours as I meekly slide up to ya

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#12 Feb 3, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, you are saying that these children were outside, UNSUPERVISED, playing rape tag. Is that what you are saying? If that was the case, then the school has far more serious problems than a game.

“Slicing Through the B.S.”

Since: Aug 09

Wanna touch my Katana?

#13 Feb 3, 2012
rebecca in conyers wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously right?
Sheeesh! Kids learn too much cr@p too early ....
Tongue in cheek my dear, tongue in cheek, although sometimes bureaucrats can move quite slowly.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#14 Feb 3, 2012
Okuba_Toshimichi wrote:
<quoted text>
ut ut ut that is what you are saying , read the article ...

get off "you want to be a friend to my children " so they like me and take some control over the little brats , which are few , be a parent grow up

stop finding fault at school ask your child where did the child get the idea for the game , at phys/ed ?????????

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#15 Feb 3, 2012
Okuba_Toshimichi wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I was agreeing with you.
If I was a teacher it would have been a no brainer, ya know? And I do understand going through the motions, but really? I would hop right on that behavior and probably gotten fired, lol.

<I was a nanny for 4 kids, it was a tough job>
Magic UndergarMitt

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Feb 3, 2012
Catholic Diocese wrote:
Where/How can we get instructions for this game?
No, no, the teachers were not involved in playing this game. Settle down there, Cardinal.
Catholic Diocese

Medford, NY

#17 Feb 3, 2012
Magic UndergarMitt wrote:
<quoted text>
But teachers can participate if it is Gods will. Thank you my son.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18 Feb 3, 2012
Chicago politics are basically rape tag too.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 3, 2012
Just imagine the high school version.

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#20 Feb 3, 2012
off the trail wrote:
Just imagine the high school version.
Under the bleachers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

First Prev