Somerset house fire likely caused by electrical malfunction
The fire that destroyed a single family home at 225 Alberta Avenue was likely caused by an electrical problem according to the state fire marshal's office.
Our View: Eat your veggies
Agriculture was the top priority for the Pilgrims in the spring of 1621, and without the skilled Wampanoag tribe's advice on how to coax good yields from the rocky, nutrient-poor soil, it likely would have taken longer for Europeans to gain a foothold in New England.
Water District tax exemption requested in Swansea
The Board of Water Commissioners decided on Monday to continue a public hearing on the request of a Hilton Lane resident that his property be exempt from the Water District's tax.