Girl Scouts Sell "Astronomical" Numbe...

Girl Scouts Sell "Astronomical" Number of Cookies

There are 31 comments on the WBOY-TV story from Mar 26, 2011, titled Girl Scouts Sell "Astronomical" Number of Cookies. In it, WBOY-TV reports that:

Girl Scout cookies are for sale, and in one county, sales have sky rocketed. Everyone has a favorite Girl Scout cookie, but the scouts in Webster County have taken cookie sales to a whole new level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBOY-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#1 Apr 7, 2011
Girl Scouts

Teaching your daughters the pigdoggery of capitalism, one diagnosis of diabetes at a time.
girl scouts

Summersville, WV

#2 Apr 7, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
Girl Scouts
YOU are a jack ass,Mr Malice, I think they did a wonderful job. Kudos to the girl scouts!
Elk River Girl

Summersville, WV

#3 Apr 8, 2011
Webster County helps all the groups that they can. I moved here from another state, and I love the people in this county. Go Girls Scouts. It is not always about cookies sales. You probably don't go to the meetings and if you had a daughter you would want here to be in a great group like this.

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#4 Apr 8, 2011
girl scouts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's *Reverend* Malice, to you. I didn't spend 8 years in seminary to be called "Mister."

How wonderful a job was it? You can tell by how many feet were amputated as a result of consuming the processed sugar peddled by these pint sized pushers.
chaos

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
Yep

Summersville, WV

#6 Apr 10, 2011
Yes they sold a large amount of cookies.

There are less cookies in a box and they are smaller in size also. So now you have to buy more boxes of them to get your sugar rush.. LMAO

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#7 Apr 10, 2011
chaos wrote:
<quoted text>8 YEARS!!!?? Three years of sunday school (age 7-10)turned my stomach so much so that my religious parents opted to BE parents rather than proselytes and stopped making me even PRETEND to believe! How did you keep your sanity? Even as a child, the true believers SCARED me. In just the same fashion as the ALIEN CONSPIRACY nuts do(among others)even now. For that matter,anyone that really believes in irrational nonsense affects me like a wild animal that is clearly sick and, therefore, dangerous!(rabid, for those who didn't get that)
Why, yes, it did take 8 years. How else could I have achieved this degree of everloving compassion for all things? How else could I be so completely and infinitely patient with those around me?

Most importantly, however, how else could I carry a seething cauldron of odious contempt wherever I may go? This sense of infernal arrogance and infinite superiority toward the lowly creature that is Man... it can only be taught in religious schools. You won't find such bilious hatemongers at WVU or Marshall.

Give generously, won't you?
chaos

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
<quoted text>
Give generously, won't you?
OK ,I think I get it. Where you attack, I react. However, if I'd been forced to deal with seminary school for any length of time I probably would have sent at least a few of my jailers to see if their belief in a fairytale afterlife was true or not. Were you forced to endure it or was it voluntary? 8 YEARS!!! I'd be stark raving mad and on death row!

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#9 Apr 11, 2011
chaos wrote:
<quoted text>OK ,I think I get it. Where you attack, I react. However, if I'd been forced to deal with seminary school for any length of time I probably would have sent at least a few of my jailers to see if their belief in a fairytale afterlife was true or not. Were you forced to endure it or was it voluntary?
Who better to let people know that God is Dead than a man with a Doctor of Theology? Freidrich Nietzsche, I suppose... but he's even more dead than the aforementioned deity.
chaos wrote:
<quoted text>8 YEARS!!! I'd be stark raving mad and on death row!
I'm halfway there.
sick

Summersville, WV

#10 Apr 11, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
I'm halfway there.
You are one sick and demented guy MR. MALICE!!!!!!!! Ya ain't my reverend.

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#11 Apr 11, 2011
Here's a short sketch to go with my previous post.

Here's another sketch by the same group. It shows what Christians look like to everyone else. For that extra touch of blasphemy, Scott plays the role of Jesus... and Scott is more gay than Liberace in a pink tutu.

As long as I'm talking about the Kids in the Hall, here's Dave's impersonation of Glenn Beck... long before anyone knew just how insane Beck really is.

Enjoy!

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#12 Apr 11, 2011
sick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one sick and demented guy MR. MALICE!!!!!!!!
What of it?
sick wrote:
Ya ain't my reverend.
ALL are members of the great flock... some just don't know it yet. The powers of cosmology will open your eyes yet, child.
sick

Summersville, WV

#13 Apr 11, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
What of it?
<quoted text>
First of All, I AM NOT a child, You don't even deserve a good reply, you get off on this don't you?

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#14 Apr 11, 2011
sick wrote:
<quoted text> First of All, I AM NOT a child
You may be physically mature, but in terms of emotion and intellect, you *are* but a child.
sick wrote:
<quoted text>you get off on this don't you?
No, not in the slightest possible way. It truly pains me to observe ignorance, but if I am to enlighten anyone, I must walk amongst the dullards.

I await your next ad hominem. It is all that Christians do, and you can't even do it well.
chaos

United States

#15 Apr 11, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
I'm halfway there.
ripoff

Bluefield, WV

#16 Apr 12, 2011
why over pay for those cookies. you can go to the shop and save and get 4 times the cookies for the price. Why over pay for the opportunity to get fatter.

“AVT DISCE AVT DISCEDE”

Since: Oct 10

MANET SORS TERTIA CAEDI

#17 Apr 12, 2011
chaos wrote:
<quoted text>OK... You went all the way to a doctoral degree, so I'm guessing it wasn't forced on you ,which begs the question.. choke,splutter,gesture emphatically...WHY????? All that sh1t offended me..disgusted and scared me at age 7! WHY SUBJECT YOURSELF TO IT FOR 8 YEARS??....." Know thy enemy"?
It wasn't so bad. The school was the hub of a large network of churches. Can you guess where the tithes went? Half of the staff took us, "The Chosen Ones," out for coke and hookers three nights a week. I almost felt bad, shoving "true believers'" money up my nose all the time, but they chose to throw their money away, so I chose to enjoy it.

Of course, there were actual bible-thumpers there, but it was still fun to see them get worked up into a frenzy over things that never happened.
Simple Math

Bluefield, WV

#18 Apr 13, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. Simple math. It doesn't add up (not that I'd believe you have a doctorate in theology). Why eight years? Did you go slacker for a year (assuming you aren't counting the four years it takes to get a Bachelors)? A doctorate of theology, on average, takes 11 years total to achieve. Four years for a Bachelors, three years for the M. Div, and an additional four years for the Doctorate. That's only seven years of seminary required for the doctorate.

Oh, I get it. You're sh!tting us, ain't ya?
ripoff

Bluefield, WV

#19 Apr 13, 2011
the cookies are still a rip off. along with many churches. the one behind the library abuse the money they take in . as well as lies to people about there true beliefs.
Blah Blah Blah

United States

#20 Apr 15, 2011
The Reverend Malice wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if people had to get their feet amputated from consuming girl scout cookies then they're obviously on a poor diet already and have been diabetic for quite sometime. Almost all diabetic amputations occur in adults which means they're old enough to make their own decisions. I'm sure these little girls didn't hold a gun to their heads. If there was a child who had to have their foot removed then I guess the parents aren't watching their eating habits close enough. Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

First Prev