Jan 25, 2014
Amish Business Burns in Ava
Towering flames destroyed the livelihood of a local Amish family early Saturday morning.
Ava Mobile Home Fire
An Ava home is a complete loss after it caught fire Friday night. Fire crews were called out to a mobile home on Sharpe Rock Road around 9 p.m. Ava Fire Chief James Schatte says the resident was cooking dinner and briefly left the kitchen.
Last-Minute Shoppers Crowd Carbondale Mall
All of the rain Saturday undoubtedly kept many folks indoors, but this weekend is one of the busier shopping days, since it's the last one before Christmas.