Fire at shelter displaces residents i...

Fire at shelter displaces residents in Brattleboro

About 20 people staying at the homeless shelter run by the Groundworks Collaborative were forced out of their home Monday when a dryer fire caused extensive smoke damage to the shelter. There was no visible damage to the outside of the building at 81 Royal Road, which was formerly known at Morningside Shelter.

Start the conversation, or Read more at The Bennington Banner.

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brattleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) Aug '18 Radio Flyer 3016 24
God is coming SOON! (Apr '07) Aug '18 Bridge 166
News Letter Box (Sep '10) Jun '18 Trista 41
Saint Jude Novena--Help for Terrible Troube May '18 Michaela 1
News Man charged with inappropriately touching child May '18 Kyle 3
News Former employee suing Mack Molding over alleged... (Jan '18) Jan '18 Comrade Sanders 2
Grout Pond National Forest Area to Become Paid ... (Oct '17) Nov '17 Defiant1 3

Brattleboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Brattleboro Mortgages