Local news for Ottawa, ON continually updated from thousands of sources on the web.
1 hr ago | Canada.com
A prisoner who lost an eye to an aggressive cancer while in jail in Ottawa has been charged with theft and robbery in Gatineau.
2 hrs ago | CBC News
An Aylmer man is petitioning the City of Gatineau to reduce the speed limit on the uneven stretch of road where he lives.
5 hrs ago | Canada.com
OTTAWA, ON: July 05, 2012 -- Gas leak at National Research Council at 100 Sussex Dr. in Ottawa, July 05, 2012.
6 hrs ago | CBC News
Business at the Rideau Centre has resumed Tuesday following a power outage that forced most of the mall's 150 stores to close on Monday afternoon.
For news details visit : http://www.nation.com.pk/editors-picks/29-Jul-2014/eid-around-the-world For news details Read on : Eid around the world IRamazan has left us but not without the hope of a day full of hugs, love, greetings, feasts, blessings and compassion.
Ottawa fire officials say an electrical issue in this trailer, a Canadian Blood Services "bloodmobile", is the suspected cause of a $1.1 million warehouse fire Saturday, July 26, 2014.
Canadian Blood Services was scrambling Monday to re-direct some Ottawa donors after its bloodmobile was destroyed in a fire over the weekend.
The new spectrum will allow carriers to boost their network capacity and meet the demand for more data, and to provide new and faster services.
Editor's Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of The Hill Times .
Dealers at the Montreal and Lac-Leamy casinos are expected to vote on the new deal as soon as a union general assembly can be organized.
Ottawa Fire Services spokesperson Marc Messier said they were called to a serious collision at the intersection of March Road and Carling Avenue at 1:10 p.m. Two people trapped in a vehicle were both freed by firefighters who removed both doors from the driver's side, according to Messier.
The parents of a Brockville teenager killed in a hit and run in 2013 say there's no better way to remember him than their Saturday launch of an annual music festival.
Stephen Gamble, the president of the Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs, said fires caused by improperly discarded cigarettes are becoming more common as more people are smoking outside their homes.
It was Dwight Anderson just being Dwight Anderson. Anderson made his return to Regina on Friday, the first time he has been in the city since being traded by the Saskatchewan Roughriders to the Toronto... A new research project aims to reduce the need for antibiotics in broiler chickens.
Electrical failure in a Canadian Blood Services trailer is the suspected cause of a south Ottawa warehouse fire Saturday morning.
There were no injuries after an unattended pot on the stove caused a kitchen fire on March Road early Saturday.
Updated: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 pm
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC