36 min ago
Al-Tuwairqi records highest-ever production
During the PDT, the plant ran at 100 percent of its rated capacity i.e producing 160 tonnes of high quality Direct Reduced Iron per hour for 72 hours achieving all of its operational targets.
1 hr ago
U.S. Steel's Sell Rating Reaffirmed at TheStreet
's stock had its "sell" rating reaffirmed by research analysts at TheStreet in a report released on Thursday, Stock Ratings Network reports.
5 hrs ago
New York Daily News
Ohio doc, Dr. Unk, busted for drunk driving
An Ohio doctor with an unfortunate moniker - Dr. Unk - is facing drunk driving charges after she slammed into a bicyclist while driving with a blood alcohol level twice the legal limit, police said.
7 hrs ago
Tata Steel Turns to Loss on Writedown, Weak European Demand
Tata Steel Ltd. , India 's biggest producer, posted a fourth-quarter loss following a non-cash writedown and falling prices of the alloy in Europe .
11 hrs ago
Shiloh Industries (SHLO) Posts Quarterly Results
Shiloh Industries posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.34 by $0.09, StockRatingsNetwork reports.
16 hrs ago
The Short List
The band's show features a 3D-enhanced live musical performance with Quad Surround Sound, providing a one-of-a-kind psychedelic experience.
Wed May 22, 2013
India Auto News
Li Keqiang visits Tata, Range Rover Evoque and Jaguar XF in India
Tata Group hosted the Honorable Premier of the People's Republic of China, His Excellency Li Keqiang at Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai yesterday.
Bill Maher: I'm Never Looking for a Fight
The host of Real Time with Bill Maher , Bill Maher himself, joined John Canzano on The Bald Faced Truth today to promote his upcoming standup performance on June 23rd at the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall and to talk about sports, politics and his career.
Worthington Announces New Engineered Cabs and WAVE Presidents
COLUMBUS, OH, May 21, 2013 -- Worthington Industries, Inc. announced today that John G. Lamprinakos will become the next president of the Company's Engineered Cabs business segment, effective July 1, 2013, replacing Robert A. Kluver who is retiring on December 31, 2013 after 42 years with the business.
Tue May 21, 2013
YieldBoost United States Steel From 1.1% To 5.8%
Shareholders of United States Steel Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2015 covered call at the $27 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.49 bid, which annualizes to an additional 4.7% rate of return against the current stock price , for a total of 5.8% annualized rate ... (more)
People's Daily Online
China expects cooperation with more Indian companies: premier
China welcomes more Indian enterprises to cooperate with their Chinese counterparts to achieve mutually beneficial and win-win results, visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said here Tuesday.
Steel plant reassessments hurt school budgets
Lower reassessments for steel plants in the region is putting the squeeze on some school budgets.
Sat May 18, 2013
Herald Star Online
Dear friend remembered
In the past year and a half, I have written tributes to two dear friends, Bob Rossell and Jim Bloomer.
Stxnews Latam-CSN still considering purchase of Thyssen's Steel America unit
Brazilian steelmaker CSN, or Cia SiderAorgica Nacional SA, is still evaluating the possible purchase of the Steel Americas unit of ThyssenKrupp AG, the company said in a regulatory filing late Friday.
Fri May 17, 2013
SADIF Analytics releases new rating update reports for German
Ilhavo, Portugal - SADIF Investment Analytics, announces a new rating update report covering the following companies: Report Summary for: ThyssenKrupp AG is an average quality company with a neutral outlook.
Market Report, "Earle M. Jorgensen Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review", published
It supplies steel and aluminum bar, tubing, and plate to manufacturing companies in North America.
Report Published: "Tenaris SA (TEN) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile"
The company supplies tubes and offers related services for energy industry and certain other industrial applications.
The Columbus Dispatch
Worthington Industries expands with oil, gas boom
Dustin Spence of Westerman Cos. Inc. welds a barrel storage tank at the company's factory in Breman in Fairfield County.
Thu May 16, 2013
Brazil's CSN Sees First-Quarter Net Fall 82% to BRL16.3 Million
Brazilian flat-steel maker Companhia Siderurgica Nacional , or CSN, late Wednesday reported a drop of 82% in its first-quarter net profit, due to the rise of its costs in the period.
Wed May 15, 2013
Have Steel Stocks Bottomed?
Of the stocks in the steel sector Mastery is most intrigued by Steel Dynamics , U.S. Steel Corp and AK Steel .