Real Life

Pictures, photos and images from Pine Ridge, SD

Upload a photo »

Showing photos 1 - 3 out of 3 in Pine Ridge Photos

Pine Ridge, SD - Real Life

Picture of Real Life posted in the Pine Ridge, SD gallery

Picture posted by san diego ca on Dec 27 '08

See the Pine Ridge Weather page

« Back to Pine Ridge Forum

ordean womandress

Farmington, MO

#1 Dec 14, 2011
this is to sad and who ever posted this pics should of took pics of little children and people not this makes the natives look bad
Fred

Martin, SD

#2 Dec 14, 2011
ordean womandress wrote:
this is to sad and who ever posted this pics should of took pics of little children and people not this makes the natives look bad
It's a real picture and posted as a "Picture of Real Life" on the Pine Ridge Reservation.

Why should the truth be hidden behind staged pictures of cute little children and little white house with a picket fence.

I don't like the reality of the reservation and would love to see it changed but to ignore the reality of the problem is really silly.

The simple truth is that reservation life is not that great.

Most Native Americans are wonderful people and want improvements in their lives. But there is a tough road to pave in order to make the necessary changes. There is a strong will to keep things just the way they are.

My guess is that shitter and the cars are still setting there the same as when the picture was taken three years ago. At best the shitter might have gotten pushed over a new hole in the ground. I doubt if it has a new paint job.

If someone wants to take another picture of that area I would love to see it.
Animal Leftist

Scottsbluff, NE

#3 Dec 14, 2011
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a real picture and posted as a "Picture of Real Life" on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
Why should the truth be hidden behind staged pictures of cute little children and little white house with a picket fence.
I don't like the reality of the reservation and would love to see it changed but to ignore the reality of the problem is really silly.
The simple truth is that reservation life is not that great.
Most Native Americans are wonderful people and want improvements in their lives. But there is a tough road to pave in order to make the necessary changes. There is a strong will to keep things just the way they are.
My guess is that shitter and the cars are still setting there the same as when the picture was taken three years ago. At best the shitter might have gotten pushed over a new hole in the ground. I doubt if it has a new paint job.
If someone wants to take another picture of that area I would love to see it.
Then why posting here, if you dont like it?

Go tell your problems on national tv.
Animal Leftist

Scottsbluff, NE

#4 Dec 14, 2011
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a real picture and posted as a "Picture of Real Life" on the Pine Ridge Reservation.
Why should the truth be hidden behind staged pictures of cute little children and little white house with a picket fence.
I don't like the reality of the reservation and would love to see it changed but to ignore the reality of the problem is really silly.
The simple truth is that reservation life is not that great.
Most Native Americans are wonderful people and want improvements in their lives. But there is a tough road to pave in order to make the necessary changes. There is a strong will to keep things just the way they are.
My guess is that shitter and the cars are still setting there the same as when the picture was taken three years ago. At best the shitter might have gotten pushed over a new hole in the ground. I doubt if it has a new paint job.
If someone wants to take another picture of that area I would love to see it.
And of course, I was'nt made like this, I was born here, you could say things all you wanna say, there are good pictures in pine ridge more then just the bad ones.

Who ever put these pictures on this forum, might have got it off the internet and put it here.

And yeah, I am from pine ridge, south dakota, I know more about my home then you do.
(you could keep posting the bad pictures all you want, because there are more good pictures then the bad pictures)
Fred

Martin, SD

#5 Dec 15, 2011
Animal Leftist wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course, I was'nt made like this, I was born here, you could say things all you wanna say, there are good pictures in pine ridge more then just the bad ones.
Who ever put these pictures on this forum, might have got it off the internet and put it here.
And yeah, I am from pine ridge, south dakota, I know more about my home then you do.
(you could keep posting the bad pictures all you want, because there are more good pictures then the bad pictures)
But I assume that the picture is real.

From what I have seen it represents the general condition.

If you have pictures, please post them up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Read all 15 comments about this picture »

Add your comments about this photo

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pine Ridge Info

Pine Ridge, South Dakota is located in Shannon County. Zip codes in Pine Ridge, SD include 57770. More Pine Ridge information.