Camp Miramichee was owned by the YWCA. Kiwani was the Girl Scout camp on the side of the road where the beach club is. Some of the original Girl Scout buildings are still standing. Miramichee was on the River side of the road. The original bridge was wooden, nothing like it is today. The camp opened in 1916, and relocated in 1975, up river near the existing Kia Kima Scout camp, then closed completely in 1985.